Time For A Music Thread, Summer Concerts

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I traveled to New Orleans for Metallica before Thanksgiving in 2008. ( And an NFL game... ).

This summer it will be Bon Jovi, Def Leppard / Posion / Cheap Trick, Night Ranger and any other Hair Bands that cross my path.

And at the risk of humiliation - my best friend and I plan to see.... Donny and Marie in Vegas.

Last edited:

wkmac

Congrats on the Metallica tix WK,,, they are coming to Charlotte also and I am thinking of going but there are so many concerts this year I dont even know which ones to go to.

The Sevenfold concert was really good... they are awesome... Dragonforce is coming to the Orange Peel in Asheville this month and Static X is next month. Def Leppard is coming nearby; Kid Rock/Lynard Skynard; Nickelback coming; Crue Fest is coming back again... it's going to be a rockin summer.

BTW, how does the Atlanta Symphony hold up to others. I have to admit I dont know?

Atlanta Symphony is very good but I may be bias as I know several folks personally who perform with the ASO.
:wink2: BTW, if you don't, support your local symphony and go to some concerts. Don't be surprised to hear passages of music that you've heard before in metal songs as Bach, Wagner and virtuosoist Paganini, who was a huge influence on virtuoso guitar, among others are found throughout.

The one concert I'm hoping for is former Genesis guitarist http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Hackett Steve Hackett who will tour sometime this year and into next. He and Yes bass player Chris Squire are also planning a project together. I'm hoping Hackett comes to the states and if he does, we're there!

I've been a huge Hackett fan since becoming a Genesis fan in 71' so I'm hoping to see him play later this year or next.

Other than that, most of the stuff I'm into is jazz as our music scene since Katrina has exploded as it pertains to that genre. I love metal but I also love everything from Duke Ellington to Monk to Mingus to Miles to Glen Miller and a whole lot in between!

c ya!

fethrs

I
This summer it will be Bon Jovi, Def Leppard / Posion / Cheap Trick, Night Ranger and any other Hair Bands that cross my path.

And at the risk of humiliation - my best friend and I plan to see.... Donny and Marie in Vegas.

Same concert different place. I've got my tix to see Def Leppard/Posion/Cheap Trick, won some tix to see Sammy Hagar and AC/DC is coming back to San Digeo this summer, I saw AC/DC last year in LA. I can't wait! Have fun with Donnie and Marie, I've heard it's fun.

tourists24

Atlanta Symphony is very good but I may be bias as I know several folks personally who perform with the ASO.
:wink2: BTW, if you don't, support your local symphony and go to some concerts. Don't be surprised to hear passages of music that you've heard before in metal songs as Bach, Wagner and virtuosoist Paganini, who was a huge influence on virtuoso guitar, among others are found throughout.
I think I will follow your advice WK.,,, I am going to check my locals out... here is a snipit of my symphony. Any good?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I like this...especially the fact that it starts in Santa Monica...........

Below is a link to one of the best pieces of sound engineering work I think I have ever seen. It is a composite audio/video of song whereby additional tracks were laid in by different singers and musicians from different places around the world. The finished product is tremendous!

The song itself is that classic standard "Stand By Me" originally released in 1955 by The Staple Singers and released again in 1961 by the Drifters.

This composite version is a real toe tapper, so turn up the speaker volume and [Click Here].

Enjoy!

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
Saw Iron Maiden a few weeks ago in Ft. Lauderdale.....Going to see Lamb Of God next week in Atlanta.....Then Exodus in St. Pete.....And Metallica in October in Tampa.....Forgot to add Amon Amarth in less than 2 weeks in Orlando

Last edited:

fethrs

Saw Iron Maiden last summer in Irvine, great show. Buying tickets today to see AC/DC at the Sprorts Arena here in San Diego

MikeTbob

We saw 38 Special about 3 weeks ago at Billy Bob's Texas. Early July we are going to see Lynyrd Skynyrd opening for Kid Rock in Dallas.:punk::punk: