Time for Martin Luther King Holiday, next Contract?

UPS4Life

They made the announcement on Friday. They're now forcing mandatory 12 hr shifts for full-time inside employees until the end of peak.
Although we can't do jack about it now, I would say 3 personal days for every holiday they take because that would be the equivalent to what we are losing.
Saw on the board walking out Sunday will now have a twilight for peak which is mandatory.

Sent using BrownCafe App

box eater

I think I'm OK with working this Black Friday (my wife is away). But I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. It was the one week of the year where we work three then get a 4 day weekend. It felt like a mini vacation, especially landing before the Silly Season. I gotta say, no way I'm giving in on other holidays. I worked for an airline and it was double and half all, day triple after eight. I feel that Black Friday will be a loss I'll get 4 for the holiday and double to work it. Really thats not triple time if I go past 4 hours.

Packmule

O
That we can. I am being told we can also break up up to 2 weeks of regular vacation weeks into optional days if we so choose. I find it way to easy to not come in and say ill use an optional day today. Especially when it's winter and -5 degrees out with a foot of snow. If I took them up on that . It would be wasted quickly.
out here we can break up two weeks as floating days. I do this partly because, as a senior driver, I have seven weeks to use, but I have to choose clear back in October. Having the floaters has greatly improved my ability to attend family things that come up that you could never plan for a year in advance.
And yes, if I haven't used them up by next winter, a ten day forecast may help me pick a few!

Ron Carey lives on

In my opinion, and that's what it is. We haven't lost any holidays outlined on page 223,224 of the Central Agreement. That language has been there for years and years. The Company chose to force you to work, not the Union. When you were posted or forced to work you received that wages outlined. Its a five year contract. You will continue to get double time on any said holiday they force you to work, of you don't want the money call in

Sent using BrownCafe App

aboveyourwaves

long time reader, first time posting

just noticed this while walking out of my hub this evening.

apparently mlk day was a holiday?

double time anyone?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 160