Time for something different? Johnson- Weld

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
5 states could legalize recreational marijuana use this year — here's what we know

In California on November 8, voters will choose yes or no on Proposition 64 — a bill to legalize the recreational use, possession, cultivation, and sale of marijuana. Legalization is limited to people over the age of 21.

Let's be clear: California's Proposition 64 is the most important of all the legalization initiatives on the ballot this November.

If California passes Proposition 64, the entire West Coast of the US will have legalized recreational and medicinal marijuana use. That's huge. California, by itself, is the world's sixth largest economy, ahead of places like France. You know, that whole country? France? Right.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In all of the jail interviews of hard core drug addicts they mention that weed was their "gateway" drug. The weed isn't enough and they look for higher highs.
And this just reinforces you're stuck in a time decades ago.

It's no more a "gateway drug" than alcohol is. Guess we should go back to prohibition.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
And this just reinforces you're stuck in a time decades ago.

It's no more a "gateway drug" than alcohol is. Guess we should go back to prohibition.

Or maybe how like.. lets say fast food, maybe Del Taco... is the "gateway food" to diabetes or high blood pressure.

Just sayin... Lets put things in perspective.. Isn't moderation the key in life?

BrownArmy

I don't have to be shot to know that I wouldn't want to try it !!

You seem like a nice lady, but you profess your ignorance every time you 'pontificate' on things that are outside your own specific sphere of experience.

Again, why are you talking about stuff you don't know about?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You seem like a nice lady, but you profess your ignorance every time you 'pontificate' on things that are outside your own specific sphere of experience.

Again, why are you talking about stuff you don't know about?
I have an opinion too and it happens to be different from yours........live with it!

Sportello

Maybe we can scare people into voting for Hillary. Lol
From the article:

As I said, it calls for abolition of the income tax and the privatization of almost everything the government does, including education. “We would restore authority to parents to determine the education of their children, without interference from government.” And if parents don’t want their children educated, or want them indoctrinated in a cult, or put them to work in a sweatshop instead of learning to read? Not our problem.

What really struck me, however, was what the platform says about the environment. It opposes any kind of regulation; instead, it argues that we can rely on the courts. Is a giant corporation poisoning the air you breathe or the water you drink? Just sue: “Where damages can be proven and quantified in a court of law, restitution to the injured parties must be required.” Ordinary citizens against teams of high-priced corporate lawyers — what could go wrong?

Granted, some would love to see that happen, but most would not. That is the problem with the 'Libertarian Party'.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Gary Johnson: WIRED Should Have Endorsed Me for President

WHEN I READ WIRED’s endorsement of Hillary Clinton last month, I thought to myself that WIRED is protesting a bit too much. The piece spends 342 words cataloging the “optimistic libertarianism” of its Silicon Valley founder of the 1990s. It offers not one word about the actual Libertarian Party candidate running for president.

I am the pro-market, pro-information, and pro-innovation option. Hillary Clinton, on the other hand and according to your own observations, is someone else:

• – “As secretary of state, her inclination toward military solutions had disastrous consequences in the Middle East.”
    – “The US still has an alarming tendency to try to solve complex foreign policy problems with flying killer robots.”
    – “She seems to favor encryption weak enough for law enforcement to penetrate. That violates basic privacy.”
And here’s what I’m not, as opposed to your choice:

• – I’ve never engaged in influence peddling or pay-to-play.
    – I don’t want to restrict political speech and undermine the First Amendment in the process.
    – I’m not wedded to the education establishment that wants to stifle innovation and school choice.
    – I don’t want to restrict your gun rights.
    – I don’t believe choosing to use marijuana should be a crime.
    – And I actually believe in free trade, as opposed to anyone else who will be on the ballot for President in all 50 states.
Here is what you can expect from an administration led by Gov. Gary Johnson and Gov. Bill Weld, my running mate: Experience. A commitment to the Constitution. Humility and honesty, not arrogance about the power of the state.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Gary Johnson Shatters Monthly Record for Fundraising

The new presidential campaign fundraising numbers came out last night, showing the Libertarian Party in decidedly unchartered territory. In the month of August, the Gary Johnson campaign raised $4.97 million and spent $3.68 million, leaving on hand $2.49 million to play with. These compare to July numbers of $1.6 million raised, $860,000 spent, and $1.21 million pocketed. The Wall Street Journalreports that "No Libertarian presidential candidate had [previously] raised more than $1 million in a single month dating back to at least 1996, before which digital campaign finance records aren't available."

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
National legalization of marijuana may be drawing a smidgeon closer. The National Cancer Institute (NCI), one of the federal government sponsored agencies, has just updated the FAQs on its website to include recent studies on marijuana showing that it can and has killed cancer cells.