Time For Teamsters

vantexan

Its just good old Republican Corporate capitolism and its EVERYWHERE. Stop making excuses and first do what you can to get the ball rolling. Upsers get bullied everyday and have a fight daily at UPS.

Seriously. Start a website and a newsletter. I bet you could collect thousands of emails in a month. The funny thing about the internet is stuff like this can take off and become huge.

I am suprised that there isnt a website already that FDX employees can go to for info. THE IBT WOULD UNDERWRITE FDX. BUT FIRST SOME FDXERS NEED TO STEPUP.

I wouldnt rule out Walmart becoming union someday. STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED.:wink2:

YES THIS IS A HUGE UNDERTAKING BUT IT CAN BE DONE.

Umm, do we exist in a parallel universe where the Teamsters aren't aware of our existence? IF THEY WANT OUR DUES, THEY HAVE TO EARN THEM!!! Where are they? You make it sound like if we put up a website some Teamster operative sitting in an office will see it, scratch his chin thoughtfully, and call over to the next cubicle "Hey Vern, ever hear of some outfit called FedEx?" We have to deal with something at FedEx Express that you don't: the Railroad Labor Act. We have to get(with recent changes bought and paid for) 50% of all employees in our class, that's every other courier, to sign a union card before we can even have a national vote on bringing in a union. The Teamsters know this and the only sound coming from their direction is crickets in the dark. The other problem is FedEx is close to implementing what's called Dynamic ROADS, which will put a stop by stop manifest into the hands of newhires they will bring in to replace us if we ever did get a union in and went on strike. With the other aspects of ROADS the job has been simplified to the point they could easily replace us. It's not bellyaching, it's reality. Be thankful for what you have, but don't think you know what we have over here. It's a different world.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Umm, do we exist in a parallel universe where the Teamsters aren't aware of our existence? IF THEY WANT OUR DUES, THEY HAVE TO EARN THEM!!! Where are they? You make it sound like if we put up a website some Teamster operative sitting in an office will see it, scratch his chin thoughtfully, and call over to the next cubicle "Hey Vern, ever hear of some outfit called FedEx?" We have to deal with something at FedEx Express that you don't: the Railroad Labor Act. We have to get(with recent changes bought and paid for) 50% of all employees in our class, that's every other courier, to sign a union card before we can even have a national vote on bringing in a union. The Teamsters know this and the only sound coming from their direction is crickets in the dark. The other problem is FedEx is close to implementing what's called Dynamic ROADS, which will put a stop by stop manifest into the hands of newhires they will bring in to replace us if we ever did get a union in and went on strike. With the other aspects of ROADS the job has been simplified to the point they could easily replace us. It's not bellyaching, it's reality. Be thankful for what you have, but don't think you know what we have over here. It's a different world.

Nah, we do all of their legwork, and they collect our dues. Sounds fair to me. If they had shown an ounce of leadership on this, Fred would be singing a much different tune. Hoffa=no effort.

bbsam

Staff member
Its just good old Republican Corporate capitolism and its EVERYWHERE. Stop making excuses and first do what you can to get the ball rolling. Upsers get bullied everyday and have a fight daily at UPS.

Seriously. Start a website and a newsletter. I bet you could collect thousands of emails in a month. The funny thing about the internet is stuff like this can take off and become huge.

I am suprised that there isnt a website already that FDX employees can go to for info. THE IBT WOULD UNDERWRITE FDX. BUT FIRST SOME FDXERS NEED TO STEPUP.

I wouldnt rule out Walmart becoming union someday. STRANGER THINGS HAVE HAPPENED.:wink2:

YES THIS IS A HUGE UNDERTAKING BUT IT CAN BE DONE.
Used to be such a site called Fedex Watch. Died right after a piece of legislation was passed about a year and a half ago.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
There's always our favorite, which we're due for again! "It's time to disrupt operations!!!1!" Which reminds me, how'd the sick-out go?

L2YtY.gif

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

It really is time to disrupt operations. I hope there are some RTDs' out there who are as pissed as we are. Every one of them control the destiny of thousands of packages. These are the folks who can really put the hurt on Ops. Of course, if we don't deliver it, then the net outcome is the same.

purplesky

Look I understand the frustration you guys must have about FDX express and ground. Upsers in the trenches have seen the whole thing (mess) first hand go down over the last 15 years.

Even if you dont get a union YOU COULD GO DOWN SWINGING AND REALLY MAKE THE PUBLIC AWARE OF WHAT FRED IS DOING TO A ONCE GREAT COMPANY AND ITS WORKFORCE.

If you look at WALMART FOR EXAMPLE millions of people worldwide hate Walmart because of their anti-worker tactics. WALMART SPENT MILLIONS ON THOSE DUMB TV COMMERCIALS ABOUT WHAT A GREAT CORPORATE CITIZEN THEY ARE AND THE ADS ARE A JOKE. Yes I know Walmart makes piles of money BUT THEY HAVE BIG LABOR ISSUES WORLDWIDE JUST UNDER THE SURFACE READY TO BLOW.

Look how powerful the Browncafe cafe is. JUST IMAGINE IF AN ACTUAL GROUP OF FDX WORKERS STARTED A WEBSITE TO DISCUSS FDXs LABOR AND BUSINESS ISSUES WITH A YOUTUBE CHANNEL TO GO WITH IT.

It will be much more effective if FDX WORKERS GET IT GOING. I am just throwing this out there guys. ITS ALL FREE TO DO WHICH IS THE BEST PART! You wouldnt even need to use your names.

The media would cover it and it could take off big time.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Funny how you just re-surface today. Guess that's just a coincidence, eh?

Nope! Fred announced virtually nothing last night but people here were frothing at the mouth over the non-announcements. This place is better than sports radio where fans call in.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Nope! Fred announced virtually nothing last night but people here were frothing at the mouth over the non-announcements. This place is better than sports radio where fans call in.
Dagan just said how he wants to cut 1.7 billion. Where is that coming from? Someone is going to feel the pinch. Somehow, I doubt it will be BB or anyone like him. No offense meant, BB. Just using you as an example of a successful FedEx owner.