Time Studies and Work Measurement Allowances

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Unless a good majority of your resi's are apartments, then you MUST get a signature.

We are not allowed to DR at apartments but there is nothing saying that we have to get a signature unless required by the shipper. DR MC Man.

Everything but apartments. I hope that while you're "cruising" through neighborhoods trying to get done as fast as you can, so you can get home to your Wife and Kids, that you'll remember that other people's Wive's and Kid's are on the same streets that "cruising".

Steve, most of us here have kids and are well aware of how kids love to play in the road.

I'm sorry, sir, but in this instance, you could be WRONG. If the shipper is still using the book, they have no choice, but to use that little green sticker, which means you MUST get a signature.

Did I say they were using the peel off tracking label? I am talking about the shipper who prints their own labels, ships it 03 and then puts the green sticker on asking for a signature. Not gonna happen.

The same way that you include too many words! You could have given Jon the same post without the slander, which makes YOU look bad.

I think you have figured out by now that I don't care what others think of me.

Above or below, what, no middle ground? How about if I just keep being the driver that I am. No late air, all pkgs delivered, happy customer's/shipper's and bringing back an undamaged pkg car. I call that a great day, and I didn't have to be like "so & so".

Sounds like a perfectly acceptable day to me.

Hey P-Man, maybe you can convince one of your I.E. friend to post the metrics for time allowance on here.

That is proprietary information. You would sooner see me use a smilie than see that information posted here. (I hate smilies and I hate being called "dude")

Okay, but you still have to wait for the man/woman to come to the door.

The 2nd quote was for hellfire, but since you and he work the same way, here's my reply. Be safe!

3rd quote You never said that the label was pre-printed/computer generated, just like Jon never mentioned DR'ing the pkg. I answered what you omitted.

I know you say you don't care, but the evidence is out there, and as far as the last quote, that was for P-Man. Are you now answering questions for the WHOLE Cafe?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The 2nd quote was for hellfire, but since you and he work the same way, here's my reply. Be safe!

another brilliant contribution,, anyways,, im sorry you dont have the skill or ability to do the job fast,,one day,, when you get fired for your lack of talent and bad additude,,, maybe i will hire you to cut my grass or clean my sidewalk or something,, im in so. fla to so i will help you out...on second thought, no..i wont

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
another brilliant contribution,, anyways,, im sorry you dont have the skill or ability to do the job fast,,one day,, when you get fired for your lack of talent and bad additude,,, maybe i will hire you to cut my grass or clean my sidewalk or something,, im in so. fla to so i will help you out...on second thought, no..i wont
Son, no one said anything about lacking skill or ability to do the job fast. I prefer to work by the methods and get paid accordingly. Oh, and as far as getting fired for lack of talent? This is where mgmt has you believing that your job, and the guarantee thereof are on a meritorious basis. I feel bad for you, because everyone knows you'll never catch that carrot they're dangling in front of you.

tourists24

Son, no one said anything about lacking skill or ability to do the job fast. I prefer to work by the methods and get paid accordingly. Oh, and as far as getting fired for lack of talent? This is where mgmt has you believing that your job, and the guarantee thereof are on a meritorious basis. I feel bad for you, because everyone knows you'll never catch that carrot they're dangling in front of you.

Not to mention that, if he's a runner and gunner, will never make it to retierement age

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hellfire, Steve and I may have our disagreements, but I have never doubted his skill or ability. If I owned a business I would gladly have Steve as my UPS driver, just as long as he never walked in wearing those biker shorts.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Hellfire, Steve and I may have our disagreements, but I have never doubted his skill or ability. If I owned a business I would gladly have Steve as my UPS driver, just as long as he never walked in wearing those biker shorts.
I'll make sure to wear this version.

dhb-finchdean-hi.jpg

BTW, I picture your business as a newspaper stand, and you yelling to some kid, "HEY KID, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!", LOL

ive got 27 yrs in ,,ive been told that nonsense for a l-o-n-g time
All it takes is one wrong step. True, this could happen to anyone at anytime, but when you're moving at a pace that YOU describe, beware. Kenyan's can run 5+ minutes per mile for a whole marathon, as for me, I think I'll pace myself for my remaining years as a Pkg Driver, what's the hurry?

Last edited by a moderator:

hellfire

ok,,, good to hear. Us mere mortals cant and/or wont run or gun it. We will leave that to you. Although will get paid the same
bingo and bless you son,,i choose to work this way,,, this i how i do it,, i never backstab or degrade those who choose to make ot....this is how i do it

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'll make sure to wear this version.

dhb-finchdean-hi.jpg

BTW, I picture your business as a newspaper stand, and you yelling to some kid, "HEY KID, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!", LOL

All it takes is one wrong step. True, this could happen to anyone at anytime, but when you're moving at a pace that YOU describe, beware. Kenyan's can run 5+ minutes per mile for a whole marathon, as for me, I think I'll pace myself for my remaining years as a Pkg Driver, what's the hurry?
Sorry Hoax, didn't mean to post something that YOU found offensive.:happy2:

bingo and bless you son,,i choose to work this way,,, this i how i do it,, i never backstab or degrade those who choose to make ot....this is how i do it
Um, did you not JUST write the post below?

hellfire

only to a select few that do the same,, every post from you in regards to me and my way has been negative,, so,, you get what you give

Omega man

Many workers at UPS do not choose to make overtime but have it thrust upon us. It sounds like you are the one doing the choosing. If you are running and gunning you are choosing not to do the job as UPS describes it to be done.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
only to a select few that do the same,, every post from you in regards to me and my way has been negative,, so,, you get what you give
If you mean calling you a runner/gunner is negative, then I guess so, but aren't YOU the one that came on here in the first place staking that claim? I apologize for offending you.

hellfire

Many workers at UPS do not choose to make overtime but have it thrust upon us. It sounds like you are the one doing the choosing. If you are running and gunning you are choosing not to do the job as UPS describes it to be done.

boo hoo hoo hoo,,, shut up and buck up..your gettin 30 bucks a hour for a reason,,quit and work for wendys or macdonalds and get what you give

hellfire

If you mean calling you a runner/gunner is negative, then I guess so, but aren't YOU the one that came on here in the first place staking that claim? I apologize for offending you.

you know what steve,,,i willl concede and or acknowledge our diff.. maybe talking face to face things would be diff... so,,,you do it your way and i will do it mine

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
boo hoo hoo hoo,,, shut up and buck up..your gettin 30 bucks a hour for a reason,,quit and work for wendys or macdonalds and get what you give

you know what steve,,,i willl concede and or acknowledge our diff.. maybe talking face to face things would be diff... so,,,you do it your way and i will do it mine
It's funny that you say you have 27 years in, yet post stuff like you did above. I find it hard to believe that you have 27 years with this company.

As far as our differences, that's fine with me. Remember, what we've been discussing is about work habits. I don't know what you do outside of work, nor do I think about that. The point I've been trying to makehas been brushed aside so much, that now it just seems pointless.:peaceful:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I did my own work measurement today and found that by lunch time I had already walked 5 miles delivering pkgs. This was according to my Garmin 405 watch.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
I did my own work measurement today and found that by lunch time I had already walked 5 miles delivering pkgs. This was according to my Garmin 405 watch.

You certainly provoked my curiosity....Lets do some math....

If you were delivering resi stops and you had long walks of 100 feet, (1/3 of a football field to the FD) totaling 200 feet back and forth...200/26,400ft or 5 miles, would be 132 stops by lunch...If you get on area at 9am and stop at noon that is 3 hours...3/132=44 SPORH....Even if it is 4hours/132 it would be 33 SPORH...

You my friend are managements run and gun hero...I'm just sayin:happy-very:

Either that or it's time for a new watch...:peaceful::funny: