Time to Act-Up

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fedex HR = Joke. Part of the "smoke and mirrors" team.

News media has potential. A video with a fake package getting the soccer treatment might get a public discussion going. No point in tearing up some poor schmuck's goods because he was foolish enough to ship fedex. Today's press isnt going to just run with a story for some unhappy employees. A video like that going viral would be another matter.

Exactly. I'm not advocating using a real package. It would be simple to cobble-up a box and make it look like the real deal. The real harm would come from the press coverage, and the public would think that it's real (the package) anyway. Percepton is everything. We get crapped-on with deception from FedEx every day. Let's give them some of their own medicine.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I think the idea is to see how much FedEx likes it. Obviously not much, or you wouldn't be trying to shoot it down.

I'm not trying to shoot it down. Injecting some maturity and common sense into the topic, yes, but that's about it. There is no stopping a determined fool and I wouldn't even try to.

I doubt FedEx would like it. I don't know what that accomplishes. I learned long ago that it's a waste of my time to go out of my way to do something just because someone else wouldn't like it.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
As the harassment escalates, it's time for some payback. A few of us are thinking about making a YouTube video called "FedEx Football". Several couriers will play football with a customer package. All will be wearing sacks with slits over their heads and vehicle asset numbers etc. will all be masked off with tape.No tattoos, no visible addresses, and nothing else they can trace. Straight to YouTube.

Screw you, Smith.

What will that gain us? Nothing.
MFE, you're a smart guy and you sure like to make speeches.
Instead of tossing a "package" around, why don't you make your video with your slitted hoods and masked-off truck and plate numbers and tell the public what you constantly post on here?

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Instead of tossing a "package" around, why don't you make your video with your slitted hoods and masked-off truck and plate numbers and tell the public what you constantly post on here?

You have to have a flag in the background, so what should it be? I'm thinking the "DON'T TREAD ON ME". Instead of AK's, you could hold powerpads.

59 Dano

That would require effort. He's more enamored with the idea of "doing something" than he is with actual task. That being said I'd pay good money to see his video production.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

My point is that the public isn't interested in a speech. In today's instant culture, some talking head telling everyone about how much FedEx sucks would get little interest. My "FedEx Football" idea is akin to last years monitor-tossing incident. Instant high level of interest, and lots of media attention. Timing is critical, and peak would be best because that's when the public has FedEx on their minds. "Monitor Man" wouldn't have garnered nearly as much attention if it hadn't been peak, nor would "FedEx Football".

It needs to be done during, or right before peak for maximum effect. The public needs to envision Grandma's fragile "Christmas Present" being tossed around with abandon before they get concerned enough to register any reaction. As for our plight, in general, nobody cares except us because we're the ones who are going to take the hit. They only care when something affects them.

vantexan

My point is that the public isn't interested in a speech. In today's instant culture, some talking head telling everyone about how much FedEx sucks would get little interest. My "FedEx Football" idea is akin to last years monitor-tossing incident. Instant high level of interest, and lots of media attention. Timing is critical, and peak would be best because that's when the public has FedEx on their minds. "Monitor Man" wouldn't have garnered nearly as much attention if it hadn't been peak, nor would "FedEx Football".

It needs to be done during, or right before peak for maximum effect. The public needs to envision Grandma's fragile "Christmas Present" being tossed around with abandon before they get concerned enough to register any reaction. As for our plight, in general, nobody cares except us because we're the ones who are going to take the hit. They only care when something affects them.

Why bother at all? You are near retirement, you have nothing to gain. You can't say you are doing it for future change because they are going to do what they are going to do. This isn't an invading army, we aren't resistance fighters. It's a company that has decided to use people to it's own ends to enrich a relative few. Just like most other companies these days. The employees have to decide if it's worth their while to continue working for FedEx. Yes, it sucks and it's ridiculous for them to represent themselves as anything but greedy capitalists exploiting others for personal gain. But it is what it is. Want to fight them? Start a similar business and beat them at their own game. Develop a ground network of private drivers moving freight at even lower prices. Very difficult to do but can grow if everyone involved worked like maniacs. You're right, not going to happen. And there you are. At this point I just want them to do right by us as they push us out the door. That probably won't happen either. It's very telling that they are coming up with various ways to blame the employees for so called poor performance. Justifying what they are doing to us by putting the blame on us. So no point getting angry, things are in motion, it's just a matter of how long we can hang on. But calling Fred S names, etc is really beneath you. Go out with some dignity. They think having money makes them superior, better than you. They are blind to the fact that hurting others for money makes them contemptible.

59 Dano

The public needs to envision Grandma's fragile "Christmas Present" being tossed around with abandon before they get concerned enough to register any reaction.

Different interpretations of what this is supposed to represent have been offered here. Do you want people to think that real FedEx employees are really messing up a real package?

59 Dano

Why bother at all? You are near retirement, you have nothing to gain. .

He's been near retirement multiple times for the last 4 years, LOL!

You can't say you are doing it for future change because they are going to do what they are going to do. This isn't an invading army, we aren't resistance fighters. It's a company that has decided to use people to it's own ends to enrich a relative few. Just like most other companies these days. The employees have to decide if it's worth their while to continue working for FedEx. Yes, it sucks and it's ridiculous for them to represent themselves as anything but greedy capitalists exploiting others for personal gain. But it is what it is. Want to fight them? Start a similar business and beat them at their own game. Develop a ground network of private drivers moving freight at even lower prices. Very difficult to do but can grow if everyone involved worked like maniacs. You're right, not going to happen. And there you are. At this point I just want them to do right by us as they push us out the door. That probably won't happen either. It's very telling that they are coming up with various ways to blame the employees for so called poor performance. Justifying what they are doing to us by putting the blame on us. So no point getting angry, things are in motion, it's just a matter of how long we can hang on. But calling Fred S names, etc is really beneath you. Go out with some dignity. They think having money makes them superior, better than you. They are blind to the fact that hurting others for money makes them contemptible

You dare question MFE? SHILL SHILL SHILL!!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Different interpretations of what this is supposed to represent have been offered here. Do you want people to think that real FedEx employees are really messing up a real package?

Yep, you've convinced me. We need to use a real package.

Damon77

MFE, usually your posts are both incindeary and insightfull, but this has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read on these Forums. A video such as the one you speak of would be an Internet sensation for about 3 days. Then we'd all move on to the next story about signing cats and the latest Twilight scandal. And Fred would hunt you down and fire you all for Cause. Good luck fighting THAT termination in court.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MFE, usually your posts are both incindeary and insightfull, but this has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read on these Forums. A video such as the one you speak of would be an Internet sensation for about 3 days. Then we'd all move on to the next story about signing cats and the latest Twilight scandal. And Fred would hunt you down and fire you all for Cause. Good luck fighting THAT termination in court.

3 days on the Internet would be great. And the measures I mentioned would prevent FedEx from knowing who anyone was. How long did the monitor-tossing incident last? A week or two? In today's instant culture, that's an eternity.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

3 days on the Internet would be great. And the measures I mentioned would prevent FedEx from knowing who anyone was. How long did the monitor-tossing incident last? A week or two? In today's instant culture, that's an eternity.

We were told the "monitor-tossing incident" cost you guys 5% of your business---true?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We were told the "monitor-tossing incident" cost you guys 5% of your business---true?

Impossible to tell, but some people made that claim. You know, Upstate, it's getting pretty bad over here. I know you're Mr. Righteous when it comes to acting-up, but there is no union, and no other plausible alternative. We are like bugs getting squashed on the sidewalk, and most of the bugs don't seem all that upset by it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Impossible to tell, but some people made that claim. You know, Upstate, it's getting pretty bad over here. I know you're Mr. Righteous when it comes to acting-up, but there is no union, and no other plausible alternative. We are like bugs getting squashed on the sidewalk, and most of the bugs don't seem all that upset by it.

Unfortunately I think the time to "act up" may have passed.

hypo hanna

I'm sure the FedEx smoke and mirrors team made every effort to blame any drop in volume on that naughty naughty driver but our customers are plenty savvy enough to see it for what it was. One isolated idiot with one pkg out of millions delivered without incident. If there was a drop, I sure didn't notice it.

XFILED

I'm sure the FedEx smoke and mirrors team made every effort to blame any drop in volume on that naughty naughty driver but our customers are plenty savvy enough to see it for what it was. One isolated idiot with one pkg out of millions delivered without incident. If there was a drop, I sure didn't notice it.

That "idiot" was told multiple times throughout the day that the customer wanted his package released and to release the package....His big mistake was releasing it over the gate on grass...He should of just released it in front of the gate and let it get stolen...

59 Dano

Not to mention that the viewer would be ticked off at HOURLY EMPLOYEES as opposed to the higher ups.