Time to drive in my hub

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That made no sense. For ex:, how does a UPS driving job not dead-end?
The purpose of a job is to provide the means to provide for needs of one's family and beyond that is the self-actualization one receives from their job. The later is up to the individual. There are other needs in between such as security, belonging and esteem and these are also driven by the personality of each individual. The individual makes each situation what it is to a large extent rather than the situation itself.

anonymous4

I am also interested in the original posters inquiry. Same hub, too. I am slightly more interested in full time inside though.

old levi's

blank space
..................................................................... It might be 1 year or 10. It all depends on who signs the list put up each year if you don't sign the list you don't have a chance to become a driver no matter how much senority you. Than there are the people that sign the list and have no intention of becoming a driver........................................................................................... [/COLOR]

Or it could be 13 years.

luckyme

I wonder how many FT Driver change to Supervs...not forced by health issues.
I dont know you guys but i will never do it why? SAFETY.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Sure happy with my ""dead end job ""!!! For 22 yrs I go to work each day and get fair pay for what I do .
I look back and laugh now thinking of some of the DOT.comers in fly by night companies who laughed at me walking through there door with a ton of pkgs,or some of the snotty business & high tech people with their uppity attitudes.Where are they all now ?? Most have been eaten up by the economy or just were forced out of a job by an up and comer..Me,,I work for a company who give me a lot of :censored2: for the most part,but also changes with the times and adapts to bad situations i.e the economy. I have a house ,nice cars ,a good wife and two kids who don't want for much..Guess i
I'll stick with my dead end job !!!

helenofcalifornia

Each hub or center is different in waiting times to go driving. The stagnant economy is another factor that comes into play now too. Our center 20 years ago was full of drivers with 10 or less years of experience. Now it's full of drivers that will be retiring soon. When the PTers in my center talk about going driving, I tell them in about 3 or 4 years alot of opening s will be happening. Take a look at the age of your drivers and also look at their seniority dates and you can pretty well gauge when driving opportunities will start popping up. But don't forget the economy too which will set that time back. Good luck to both of you. Driving is hard. But it's fun too. Out on your own ALL day long. Best job. And dead end if you consider that at the end of your dead end job you will be set for retirement if you handled the finances right. jmho