Time to respond to a winning bid

By The Book

Was the 6:1 an "intent to drive" or a bid sheet for an actual job?
He's talking about the annual full time driver list posting. You don't win a bid, it's a list they work from by seniority, who meet all the qualifications, so they can schedule them for the road test and driving class.
The 6:1 intent to drive list is simply that------"I want to drive". Your performance and the need for new drivers will dictate whether you are asked to come back after Peak.
He won't be driving for awhile, he hasn't even met all the requirements yet or been to driving class.
Yes, and I feel it is important to work from the list I signed instead of accepting a "TCD" position which is not what I signed. In locals that don't have temp cover drivers this might not be an issue but the separation seems important here, regardless of any free period. I can drive as a TCD with a few months. This is the first time I've been called in regards to the "6 for 1 full time" list in 10 years. Maybe the distinction isn't important in reality.
I'm surprised your center manager didn't walk up to you and confirm that you want to be a driver. They usually do this to weed out all the people who sign everything just to sign everything. I'm also surprised you didn't ask your center manager about this posting if you knew your seniority will give you this opportunity. Update your contact info with your center team, they can't deny you based on what you posted. Keep in contact with your BA and you center manager, be concerned and they'll notice.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Do they not have a duty to inform you in person? My question was on the obligation of management to inform you of your name being called before moving on.

Again, I state, after 10 years you have no idea how things work.

That is slightly obscure knowledge, which is why I reached out. Stating I have "no idea how things work" is a fallacy and frankly a stupid thing to say. I fully admit my knowledge on driving school and the free period is limited, which is why I am asking for clarification. You are absurd and the point you are putting out is paradoxical in nature.

Great job using big words. Just because you put lipstick on, you're still a pig but I digress. Maybe in another 10 years, you will have figured out how things work. Good luck when you go driving.

By The Book

The distinction should matter as my full time seniority date would set to the day I started driving school (right?). Time accrued until the free period would count towards my 30 days (right?). Where as if I accept TCD going into peak, I will be dropped without any of the aforementioned.
Stick around kid I like your style!

The Range

In too deep
He's talking about the annual full time driver list posting. You don't win a bid, it's a list they work from by seniority, who meets all the qualifications, so they can schedule them for the road test and driving class.

He won't be driving for awhile, he hasn't even met all the requirements yet or been to class.

I'm surprised your center manager didn't walk up to you and confirm that you want to be a driver. They usually do this to weed out all the people who sign everything just to sign everything. I'm also surprised you didn't ask your center manager about this posting if you knew your seniority will give you this opportunity. Update your contact info with your center team, they can't deny you based on what you posted. Keep in contact with your BA and you center manager, be concerned and they'll notice.

Thanks.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You have been here 10 years and have no Idea how things work. What's wrong with that picture?

Some people are (still) uniformed.

No big deal.

My question was on the obligation of management to inform you of your name being called before moving on. That is slightly obscure knowledge

It's not "obscure knowledge".

In fact;

The bidding process, is visually apparent.

That is how.... your Local.... does it ??

-Bug-

The Range

In too deep
Again, I state, after 10 years you have no idea how things work.

Great job using big words. Just because you put lipstick on, you're still a pig but I digress. Maybe in another 10 years, you will have figured out how things work. Good luck when you go driving.

Thank you. You've been a valuable contributor.

The Range

In too deep
Some people are (still) uniformed.

No big deal.

It's not "obscure knowledge".

In fact;

The bidding process, is visually apparent.

That is how.... your Local.... does it ??

I do greatly apologize for peeling you away from your moonlighting duties as Joseph Goebbels of the Hoffa campaign. I failed to see where in the contract it says the company will contact you 2 times in a 24 hour period before awarding a bid to another contender. Out of curiosity, do you behave in such an abrasive manner to everyone who asks a question or did I catch you at a bad time?

The Range

In too deep
You may be over qualified to be a delivery driver.

Better this than sitting in a room doing long division for the next fifty years.

good-will-hunting.gif

UniteandWin

A bid is time punched and signed by steward and center manager when goes up and comes down. Wth is up with your center young fella or young lady?

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Range

In too deep
Considering this was a list and not a direct bid the procedure is likely different. They work from the list to fill full time spots throughout the year.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I do greatly apologize for peeling you away from your moonlighting duties as Joseph Goebbels of the Hoffa campaign.

Witty retort. I like it.

I failed to see where in the contract it says the company will contact you 2 times in a 24 hour period before awarding a bid to another contender.

Where did you hear that ?

Out of curiosity, do you behave in such an abrasive manner to everyone who asks a question or did I catch you at a bad time?

ny7eht.jpg

I wasn't trying to criticize you.... I was trying to motivate you. ;)

-Bug-

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Do you suggest seeking information from multiple perspectives to gain a complete, unbiased, informed opinion is a negative? I enjoy fishing, departed from the metaphor.

I would suggest you grieve it to at least ensure your complaint (even if it doesn't have merit) isn't ruled against on grounds of timeliness.

Your steward or BA can always withdraw a grievance.

Inthegame

Seems like a good way to circumvent undesirables.
Hmmm...
I already contacted my BA about the issue, seeking multiple avenues/viewpoints.
It appears you've gotten your multiple viewpoints from various avenues, your BA however knows more about your local practices than anyone answering your posts on BC. I'd be filling out a grievance form ASAP, which is what I suspect your BA told you.