Time worked vs. minimum break time?

WhereDoIWorkAgain

My hub has been over 8 plenty recently and its not all that unheard of fairly regularly anytime in winter with late trucks since we ended pre-preload almost three years ago now. Our supplement specifies a second 10 minute after six hours, and state law specifies that a 30 minute lunch be allowed if working for 8 or more hours.

Our hourlies will generally take take the second 10 minute after around 7 hours, though it isn't typically a group break but an as flow allows break where a couple of people from each area go so work isn't stopped. This tends to mean about 50% don't get it offered, and while some of them take it as extra time at the end of their shift those that do that are spotty as to weather or not its allowed (it is but isn't liked much by sups). The half hour lunch is optional and unpaid. A decent percentage of the time it ends up being subtracted from hours by our payroll people, some people fight it some people don't. If you don't fight it, the more likely it is to get randomly taken out of your hours again. Its kinda cheap in my opinion and I feel it is sort of a disservice to our people but not in my power to change.