Timecard Taken.

cole dog

They may not punch you out,but they may turn the time clock back after you clock in,I've seen this happen to drivers,saves the company a few dollars:greedy:

pretzel_man

They may not punch you out,but they may turn the time clock back after you clock in,I've seen this happen to drivers,saves the company a few dollars:greedy:

You're telling me that you witnessed a supervisor open a time clock and change the time?

The supervisor did it to save the company money?

You saw this happen to drivers?

Why didn't the drivers punch in and out on a DIAD?

Did you tell the affected driver? Shop steward? Ethics hotline?

What happened?

Sorry, but I'm calling BS on this one.

P-Man

pretzel_man

I would rather use time cards if I was worried about somebody screwing with my time. At least with a card it is solid proof. When you punch in digitally with a code they can alter that on the computer without anybody knowing about it. If they shaved a couple minutes per employee company wide it would add up to huge savings to the company and individually who would notice a couple minutes here and there?

Every single "digital" time card edit is logged.

I've personally checked and audited this.

There is no back door edit capability or super secret code. Everything is saved.

Think about the huge legal liability if it were anything else.

You can choose to not believe this, but its the truth.

P-Man

sx2700

Banned
Every single "digital" time card edit is logged.

I've personally checked and audited this.

There is no back door edit capability or super secret code. Everything is saved.

Think about the huge legal liability if it were anything else.

You can choose to not believe this, but its the truth.

P-Man

I never indicated what I believe. I just stated that if I was worried about it (which I'm not) that I would prefer a physical timecard over electronic. Why are you so defensive about this? Would you be so shocked that a supervisor would really alter time cards? I know for a fact it happens because I've seen it done. And yes that supervisor got called to the mat for it, but that was the time he got caught. I have no doubt that it happened before and since. Just because any editing is supposedly saved doesn't mean that time isn't being shaved, because I doubt many people pay close enough attention to their time to notice a couple minutes here and there. Anyway, like I said I'm not worried about it so you don't need to come at me with your patronizing attitude like I'm some kind of ignorant noob.

BigBrownSanta

You're telling me that you witnessed a supervisor open a time clock and change the time?

The supervisor did it to save the company money?

You saw this happen to drivers?

Why didn't the drivers punch in and out on a DIAD?

Did you tell the affected driver? Shop steward? Ethics hotline?

What happened?

Sorry, but I'm calling BS on this one.

P-Man

Did someone call me? :)

Seriously though, it's up to you to keep track of your time. Write it down daily and verify it on payday. I've been doing it for years. Sometimes it's wrong, but I would say 99.5% of the time it's right.

Back when we used to use punchcards, I used to get 2 cards. I'd punch in and out on one card everyday for my own records and turn the other one in daily.

pretzel_man

I never indicated what I believe. I just stated that if I was worried about it (which I'm not) that I would prefer a physical timecard over electronic. Why are you so defensive about this? Would you be so shocked that a supervisor would really alter time cards? I know for a fact it happens because I've seen it done. And yes that supervisor got called to the mat for it, but that was the time he got caught. I have no doubt that it happened before and since. Just because any editing is supposedly saved doesn't mean that time isn't being shaved, because I doubt many people pay close enough attention to their time to notice a couple minutes here and there. Anyway, like I said I'm not worried about it so you don't need to come at me with your patronizing attitude like I'm some kind of ignorant noob.

SX,

First I never said nor thought you were ignorant. I had no intention of patronizing you, but I'm not a noob either.

You said this: "When you punch in digitally with a code they can alter that on the computer without anybody knowing about it."

Maybe I misread what you wrote, but the implication to me was that an electronic timecard at UPS has no audit trail or double checks.

Would I be shocked if a supervisor altered a timecard to reduce a driver's paid day? With 30,000 management people I guess anything can happen, but I think this is extremely rare.

There are dishonest drivers and there are dishonest management people. Neither belong at UPS. The vast majority of our management and hourly employees are honest, hardworking people.

This thread makes it seem like this a regular occurance...

P-Man

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Our management has the ability to edit timecards, but when they do a copy of the edit is generated and given to the driver to review sign off on. It is usually done because the driver forgot to enter a lunch.
We had a manager fired a few years ago for adding stops to his drivers timecard in order to reduce overallowed hours. The new system in place prevents that.