Time's 2013 Person of the Year

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Time Magazine has named Pope Francis as it's 2013 Person of the Year. This is the 3rd time they have given a pope this honor which, in the case of Pope Francis, is well deserved.

upschuck

I hear Miley Cyrus was in consideration. (per Mike&Mike)

Much better choice than her. Pope has done a lot of good to give Catholics (which I am not) a better direction and more relevant.

She has however expanded my vocabulary. Didn't know the word twerking before.

MAKAVELI

I hear Miley Cyrus was in consideration. (per Mike&Mike)

Much better choice than her. Pope has done a lot of good to give Catholics (which I am not) a better direction and more relevant.

She has however expanded my vocabulary. Didn't know the word twerking before.
I must say, she does have some skills.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sebellius was in the running too.
I posted this under random facts.....didn't see that a new thread was formed....oops!
Keep in mind, the Person of the Year is not necessarily an honor or recognition of a person doing honorable things. Time says it is for impact on the world.
Time magazine points out controversial figures such as Adolf Hitler (1938), Joseph Stalin (1939 and 1942), Nikita Khrushchev (1957) and Ayatollah Khomeini(1979) have also been granted the title for their impacts.

island1fox

I would rather look at Miley on the cover rather than an old pope.

As far as man of the year ?? When the Church REDISTRIBUTES their wealth ---land and gold to feed the poor than they can lecture me on capitalism.

When the Pope speaks loudly against priest sexual abuse of children and the horrors of Abortion ---He may get my attention.

For now --show me the Twerking Miley --without the tongue action !!!