Tint ticket.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upslesbian13, Feb 14, 2014.

1. upslesbian13

upslesbian13 New Member

I got a ticket tonight for my tinted windows. Does that affect me from driving on Saturday?. I know your suppose to have a clean driving record.
  2. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

It shouldn't. If it was an actual moving violation like speeding then you should be worried.
  3. Crazy Diamond

Crazy Diamond Robot Extraordinaire

Cop was prolly mad he couldn't get in on some of that hot girl on girl action. Amirite?

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String
  4. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Are they too dark? I got mine tinted as dark as is legal here. Been pulled over a few times never got a ticket. Their reader has put my tint anywhere from 22-28% not accurate at all.
  5. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Well considering most factory glass is about 75% light transmittance it easily could drop depending on tint levels.
    I got pulled over twice out of state, I think I was being profiled, but when they saw I didn't fit what they were looking for, they let me go, one guy measured my windows at like 17% Which is roughly correct, I had 20% tint all around +- factory glass. he said it was insane, and "how can you see" I told him it's easier on my fair clear eyes, and also to protect my sports gear in the back from being seen, he seemed to understand... hah.
  6. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Most of the unmarked cop cars have dark tint. Can't even see if they are in the car.----- Citizens arrest!!
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. SmithBarney

You first... make sure you sneak up on them too! ;)

Unfortunately emergency vehicles are exempt from most of these rules.
  8. Brownslave688

If I ever get a ticket for cell phone use they may have to restrain me. Ever seen the inside of a cop car? Holy distractions batman!!! One top of all that most are on their own phones when I see them.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Everyone I've known who got a tint ticket has had the opportunity to remove the tint and get charges dropped.
  10. SmithBarney

But clearly they are highly trained at talking on the phone, and using their laptops...
  11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Vans with no windows in the back, custom painted with two hot chicks riding tigers with 8 inch teeth pulling a wizard with a pimp hat and crystal ball the size of your head would get more attention.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. upslesbian13

upslesbian13 New Member

Lol! So I shouldn't have to tell my sup about it? Or should I just to keep me in the clear
  13. upslesbian13

upslesbian13 New Member

Yes my tints are dark. 20 all the way around.
  14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Only if you have to fill out the DMV report they do yearly, make sure you list it there.
  15. upslesbian13

upslesbian13 New Member

Okay thank you!
  16. Brownslave688

You know tint laws are kind of tricky. I got what's legal in my state 25 up front 5 in the back. My wife will soon be moving to a state that you can't have any up front. Guess we will pay the ticket if need be.
  17. Notretiredyet

Notretiredyet Active Member

In this area tint tickets are an equipment violation, not a moving violation. Only moving violations are noted on yearly DMV report, shouldn't be an issue.
  18. HomeDelivery

HomeDelivery Well-Known Member

furthermore, there are ways around to keep tint on your front windows...

i saw a news reporter warning a customer on the parking lot about it & the driver produced a doctor's note/ "state exemption form" making her exempt from getting a ticket. it raised many eyebrows around here.

yea, i can't wait until summer where i'm dark like fried chicken on the window side from the burning sun...
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  19. Just disclose it on your disclosure form when they check your drivers license every year. Don't worry about it. It won't count but you can sleep better at night when you are always telling the truth. The truth will always set you free.
  20. The charge for tinted window is "Unlawful Activities". So that would be fun explaining to your sup.