Tip of the Hat to the Obama Adminstration

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
My hat is tipped to Obama on this one....

Jails are too crowded with Pot Heads.

I have no desire to smoke pot; I tried it once in seventh grade.
It made me sick.

I tease my husband about pot all the time; I say he only keeps me around because someday I should be able to get the good stuff...Gov't Medical Pot.

Regardless.

My home will remain pot free.

Sorry Tom.

klein

Für Meno :)
My hat is tipped to Obama on this one....

Jails are too crowded with Pot Heads.

I have no desire to smoke pot; I tried it once in seventh grade.
It made me sick.
Same here aj, tried it 3 times in total. Got me sick (ready to throw up) yuck !

But, sure looks Obama is going with the rest of the western world, and won't call possesion of a joint or 2 a criminal offence, with criminal record.
It's been here such a misdemeanor that cops won't even arrest you in public for smoking one.
And it's easy enough to find, just go to the outside of bar, and patriots smoke them right there.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
I always hear of people trying it and not liking it and therefore never doing it again. Completely logical.

When I was in high school I experimented a few times with pot, and coke, loved them both, and quickly figured out why people throw their lives aways persuing them. Therefore, I never did them again. People are not supposed to feel that happy :w00t:!

I completely agree with Obama's action. Hopefully it will lead to full legalization one day.

But I will not partake.

wkmac

I always hear of people trying it and not liking it and therefore never doing it again. Completely logical.

When I was in high school I experimented a few times with pot, and coke, loved them both, and quickly figured out why people throw their lives aways persuing them. Therefore, I never did them again. People are not supposed to feel that happy :w00t:!

I completely agree with Obama's action. Hopefully it will lead to full legalization one day.

But I will not partake.

Never did the coke thing as in the early/mid 70's coke was a rich man's drug. Hated downers too. What a waste of time and money IMO. Feel about the same about alcohol.

But really the greater point that impressed me was IMO a clear case of the Federal gov't under Obama, and a democrat, ceding an area of jurisdiction from the Federal level back to the States themselves. And in this case it's a major step. Just off the top of my head, all the talk from so-called limited gov't republicans, I can't remember this level of gov't return back to the state and local jurisdictions so it seems at this moment where republicans always talk about originalist constitutional construction, Obama actually went out and did it. He followed the 10th amendment if you will.

Not only do I think it's great, it's equally funny too!

:rofl:

And politically brillant!
:wink2:

Murray Rothbard, The Left, The Right: The Prospects for Liberty
circa 1965'

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Drug Abuse Resistance Education, claims that marijuana ``can impair memory perception & judgement by destroying brain cells.''

So, this explains a lot of liberal gibberish!!

D

Dis-organized Labor

Here is my opinion:

There is absolutely nothing positive about drugs, including pot.
Been there, done that (way too much), and again, except for the person selling it, I see no benefit to the user whatsoever. Anyone that has smoked it has to agree or they are just not grown up. Being lulled into the point of apparent stupidity is just what this country needs.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh boy, I hope I heard this wrong......I had the TV on (Fox News), just background noise. The guy said that Los Angeles has more marijuana clinics than it has schools !!!

I just find that so hard to believe.....don't you?:dissapointed:

wkmac

Time for a laugh.

Check out this story of a local pot bust but they didn't tell you the haul was 720 pounds but rather only 360 pounds was confiscated. Look at the picture and tell me where that other 360 pounds went?

:happy-very:

If you ever saw the movie Friday, I'm thinking Smokey!

And under the heading, never drink and get in front of the camera.
This is a real gut buster and More, take 4 minutes out of your life and watch this, the humor is worth it!

drunk man wants beer

I've fallen and I can't get up!

:rofl:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Thanks Wkmac !! That was a riot.

However, during the first few seconds, right after he walks in the door, he walks sideways and has to grab the counter........I do that 3 or 4 times a day. Later, the guy is like a turtle on its back.....very funny & pathetic.

klein

Für Meno :)
Take 8 min of your time, watch this great american newscast about Canada - US relalionships.
Then tell me what freedom means.

Canada: Friend or Foe to the USA?

diesel96

"Drug Abuse Resistance Education, claims that marijuana ``can impair memory perception & judgement by destroying brain cells.''

So, this explains a lot of liberal gibberish!!

Not really, exposes the CON in CONservatism....Stop falling for everything you hear Moreluck....Ask questions, dissent if warranted, and stand for indivdualism across the board, not just selectivly.

Top Marijuana Myths

• Marijuana Can Cause Permanent Mental Illness
  • Marijuana Is Highly Addictive
  • Marijuana Is More Potent Today Than In The Past
  • Marijuana Offenses Are Not Severely Punished
  • Marijuana Is More Damaging to the Lungs Than Tobacco

More Marijuana Myths
  • Marijuana Has No Medicinal Value
  • Marijuana Is a Gateway Drug
  • Marijuana's Harms Have Been Proved Scientifically
  • Marijuana Causes an Amotivational Syndrome
  • Marijuana Policy in the Netherlands is a Failure
  • Marijuana Kills Brain Cells
  • Marijuana Impairs Memory and Cognition
  • Marijuana Causes Crime
  • Marijuana Interferes With Male and Female Sex Hormones
  • Marijuana Use During Pregnancy Damages the Fetus
  • Marijuana Use Impairs the Immune System
  • Marijuana's Active Ingredient, THC, Gets Trapped in Body Fat
  • Marijuana Use is a Major Cause Of Highway Accidents
  • Marijuana Related Hospital Emergencies Are Increasing, Particularly Among Youth
  • Marijuana Use Can Be Prevented
Here is my opinion:

There is absolutely nothing positive about drugs, including pot.
Been there, done that (way too much), and again, except for the person selling it, I see no benefit to the user whatsoever. Anyone that has smoked it has to agree or they are just not grown up. Being lulled into the point of apparent stupidity is just what this country needs.

Your opinion is welcomed, until the part where you mention
"they are just not grown up". I guess you have to be "grown up" to sulk in alcohol and anti-depressant drugs. Synthetically man-made substances which can kill you if heavily ingested vs a naturally grown product which has some medicinal purposes and nobody has ever OD'ed on....But then again, being a grown up, it's all about moderation and individual responsibilty. For God's sakes, the sun, fatty foods ,shell fish and peanuts can kill ....BTW....I have'nt smoke pot in years, but the day after retirement, this "grown up" is going to roll "a fatty", grab a Corona, munch on a bag of peanuts while soaking up the sun sitting at the beach, order a shrimp cocktail and a cheeseburger in paradise, and decompress from the last thirty years of UPS bondage...

D

Dis-organized Labor

Not really, exposes the CON in CONservatism....Stop falling for everything you hear Moreluck....Ask questions, dissent if warranted, and stand for indivdualism across the board, not just selectivly.

Top Marijuana Myths

• Marijuana Can Cause Permanent Mental Illness
    • Marijuana Is Highly Addictive
    • Marijuana Is More Potent Today Than In The Past
    • Marijuana Offenses Are Not Severely Punished
    • Marijuana Is More Damaging to the Lungs Than Tobacco

More Marijuana Myths
  • Marijuana Has No Medicinal Value
  • Marijuana Is a Gateway Drug
  • Marijuana's Harms Have Been Proved Scientifically
  • Marijuana Causes an Amotivational Syndrome
  • Marijuana Policy in the Netherlands is a Failure
  • Marijuana Kills Brain Cells
  • Marijuana Impairs Memory and Cognition
  • Marijuana Causes Crime
  • Marijuana Interferes With Male and Female Sex Hormones
  • Marijuana Use During Pregnancy Damages the Fetus
  • Marijuana Use Impairs the Immune System
  • Marijuana's Active Ingredient, THC, Gets Trapped in Body Fat
  • Marijuana Use is a Major Cause Of Highway Accidents
  • Marijuana Related Hospital Emergencies Are Increasing, Particularly Among Youth
  • Marijuana Use Can Be Prevented

Your opinion is welcomed, until the part where you mention
"they are just not grown up". I guess you have to be "grown up" to sulk in alcohol and anti-depressant drugs. Synthetically man-made substances which can kill you if heavily ingested vs a naturally grown product which has some medicinal purposes and nobody has ever OD'ed on....But then again, being a grown up, it's all about moderation and individual responsibilty. For God's sakes, the sun, fatty foods ,shell fish and peanuts can kill ....BTW....I have'nt smoke pot in years, but the day after retirement, this "grown up" is going to roll "a fatty", grab a Corona, munch on a bag of peanuts while soaking up the sun sitting at the beach, order a shrimp cocktail and a cheeseburger in paradise, and decompress from the last thirty years of UPS bondage...

The "grown up" comment is based on my experience that it is not good for the individual and ultimately the American public. Public based on youth onberving and deciding: "hey, if they do it, it must be OK".
I have several kids and I pray that they don't pick up a joint. I did way too much and missed a lot of opportunities. Every single person that I ever saw stoned, looked and acted stupid. EVERY ONE!
How can that be good? Is that an individual right? Does that in any way affect anyone else? I think so. Just my 2 cents.