Tip

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by TooTechie, Dec 23, 2014.

1. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

So Christmas is here. Drivers, Are you tipping your preloader, car wash guy, mechanic, etc this year? If so how much to each?

I gave my preloader $50. I gave my car wash guy who fuels my truck every night a small Dunkin Donuts gift card. I considered tipping my mechanic but he hasn't fixed like 3 things I wrote up.

2. bought my helper 3 meals as a tip. My preloader completely blows no tip. I was going to tip mechanic but he keeps just putting "ok" and not fixing anything so I changed my mind on him too

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Car Wash getting a tip? Really. A driver did buy me a pop the other night because I fueled his truck when there was a big line up when he came in.

4. midwest brown

midwest brown Member

Passed my preloader a 20 dollar wal mart gift card I got the other day from a business. I fuel my own truck and my truck is always dirty so no on them. And ya the mechanic "no problem found" so "no tip was found" either

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. I used to buy my washer a pop everytime he washed my car(like once a week)

6. mjjlohn

mjjlohn Active Member

Working out of a uhaul this year, planning on tipping my loader 150$, he does an excellent job
    ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1419388538.110115.jpg

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

Helper $125 tomorrow 12/24 and bought lunch all month. Gave mechanic $25 dunkin donuts give card. Got a completely new "loaders" for peak (not very good) and are not giving them anything; especially considering what they put me through this peak. They loaded my car in a way that would astound you I say... I will though give my loader who loaded the rest of the year something in the $40 range...

8. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Wow, that's really generous. I hope you did well in tips this year. That tote/bungy system...did you come up with that or did the loader?

9. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

If I was to tip all my preloaders I've had, I'd have to work a whole week to make the money back, nevermind finding them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. PT Car Washer

Really. Using a tote box for your 1000 shelf, 2000 shelf etc. I wonder what shelf is loaded in "moms attic". Anyone who delivers out of a U Haul will know what that means.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Wow, Never heard of someone giving so much to a helper. That's nice of you. I bought mine sodas a few times a week for the last month then whatever he wanted today for lunch, desert, etc.

12. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

I've never delivered out of a uhaul, but know the mom's attic is the area above the cab in the back.

13. PT Car Washer

Yep. What scenic vacation picture was all over the side? I love driving a rolling billboard.

14. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

This kid never complained, ran all day, showed up every day he was supposed to when I wanted him to, had the fortitude of a lion and even worked sick. I could send him to do stuff by himself with out supervision and could work the board just fine. I had the most work that I ever had in 24 years (15 years driving) but this kid made it much easier and I got done earlier. He is worth far more than $125 in my opinion.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  15. PT Car Washer

Considering what UPS pays helpers, I believe you were correct in what you tipped your helper. Anyway it is your call.

16. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

I tip preloaders 100 per truck. One guy does 3 trucks and he does a great job.

17. HEFFERNAN

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

I give him extra time on the helper time card and bought lunch yesterday.
    He didn't show up a couple days so that's as good as it's getting. :santa:

18. airintrace

airintrace Active Member

Oh yeah. I forgot the biggest part. The kid worked the hub every night and got home around 4:30am and I picked him up at 11:30am each day.

19. Jcups3349

Jcups3349 New Member

My loader is a huge Lakers fan, argues with me that Kobe is greater than Jordan. Bought him a green and white "Kobe Blows" t-shirt. He didnt accept. Gave hime a 20 instead.

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

[​IMG]