tipping loaders

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I made sure when I gave my loader his tip there were other fellow drivers around to give the idea 2... Guilt them into doing the same.....lol.
My neighbor drivers were taken back when I told them fifty each,till I pointed out that for the last 3 weeks they have been bringing home $1800 a week. They gave me the blank stare and opened their wallet.

Let's be real here.We all (topped out drivers) make at least 80 grand a year,most of us more. Where else can someone without a college degree,or in some cases high school diploma,do that in this day and age?

Rack em

Made the Podium
I made sure when I gave my loader his tip there were other fellow drivers around to give the idea 2... Guilt them into doing the same.....lol.
Guilt trips work for sure. A little over a year ago our car washer's wife had a stroke and he had to miss work for a while and he doesnt get paid time off. So one of our senior drivers started to collect money to help him out and most drivers were giving like $20-$40 which is great but that wouldnt even cover a week of him missing work. So there was a group text of everyone talking and I chimed in saying I was giving $100 and remember I was a preloader so thats half a weeks pay right there. After that the drivers felt compelled to AT LEAST match me. We raised over $2400 for him

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A runner gunner next to me the other morning had just got to his truck after pcm and was complaining about something and a preloader down the line was walking by and said,"Maybe if you tipped your loader it might look better."
5 minutes later I saw him pull out a giftcard from his wallet that had obviously been a tip to him or something he hadn't originally intended to give someone else and handed it to his (my) loader (different guy) loudly and conspicuously then said Merry Christmas.

It was obnoxious, but at least the loader got something for dealing with him.