Tips and help

Feddy

Hello, I work as a employee for Fedex Express in Europe. Last months some couriers where fired bye management. They use tactics that are very clever. From putting the same persons always in the same jobs that others want to do till road productivity reports that aren't fair.
Last week I had to come to the managers office. In the two years that I work for Fedex Express there where never problems or never received a letter of concern or warning letter.

There was also a woman from 'security department' and they asked me if I signed for a delivery my self and not the customer. Therefore they use signs printed on paper from the last weeks and they started now a case because I said I never signed something for delivery myself.

Is this a known way to work someone out ?

Tips, hint are very welcome.
Many thanks.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
well I guess it's official, folks - the unobstructed purple terror has now reached global proportions.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hello, I work as a employee for Fedex Express in Europe. Last months some couriers where fired bye management. They use tactics that are very clever. From putting the same persons always in the same jobs that others want to do till road productivity reports that aren't fair.
Last week I had to come to the managers office. In the two years that I work for Fedex Express there where never problems or never received a letter of concern or warning letter.

There was also a woman from 'security department' and they asked me if I signed for a delivery my self and not the customer. Therefore they use signs printed on paper from the last weeks and they started now a case because I said I never signed something for delivery myself.

Is this a known way to work someone out ?

Tips, hint are very welcome.
Many thanks.

Welcome. I'm not familiar with the laws in Europe, but if you're unionized, go to your shop steward immediately. If you're not union, contact an attorney to try and protect your rights. It sounds like you've already been tried and convicted and will soon be hung...just like the USA.

Feddy

Hello, yes we have a different taste than the Americans. But I'm sure there are also good and bad thinks to eat in Europe:-) I contacted the union. Keep you all updated.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I work for Express, we haven't jumpseats rights anymore.

We don't either...I was just poking fun. Good that you contacted your union. If it happens again, contact the union first, and then see if your rep/steward can sit in on the meeting with Security and Management. Here, third parties are forbidden (wonder why) so they can let you trip yourself up, but it might be different in Europe, where laws are usually more employee-friendly. FedEx might have to allow your union person to sit-in. Never trust this company, Feddy. Spread the word amongst your co-workers about your treatment and advise them what they should do if it happens to them.

Feddy

Update:
followed bye fedex security on the route, they found nothing wrong at my work but said nothing about the following. Guess this following was a reaction on the meeting with fedex security.

Warning letter received with lies in it, also nothing in it about the past meeting or the possible signing of myself witch i didn't did. Guaranteed fair treatment started. Had a look in my file at the managers office, two cases in there that aren't my and a second warning letter I never received :angry:
The guaranteed fair treatment in which I could explain and with evidence react on the lies in the warning letter they now changed in there decision and changed it in to a third final warning letter witch result in fired !

Guaranteed fair treatment ???

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Why sure it's fair treatment - from the corporation's standpoint anyway - and after all, the corporation was the only party that the GFT policy was ever supposed to favor anyway. It's the old "heads I win, tails you lose" game played out on a grand scale. And these jerks excel at it.

It sucks you got fired, but consider it a blessing. The company (which for now on I shall only refer to as 'The BigLie Inc.') has forced you to go out and get your life together and do something fulfilling. And so to you I say congratulations and best of luck in your new life!. (and don't get mixed up in any stupid shenanigans like this ever again)

hypo hanna

Why sure it's fair treatment - from the corporation's standpoint anyway - and after all, the corporation was the only party that the GFT policy was ever supposed to favor anyway. It's the old "heads I win, tails you lose" game played out on a grand scale. And these jerks excel at it.

It sucks you got fired, but consider it a blessing. The company (which for now on I shall only refer to as 'The BigLie Inc.') has forced you to go out and get your life together and do something fulfilling. And so to you I say congratulations and best of luck in your new life!. (and don't get mixed up in any stupid shenanigans like this ever again)
To be fair, many smart people got mixed up in these fedex shenanigans. Remember, these are professional con artist that run this company. The lies they use to entrap employees are well crafted deceptions designed to fool people into working for them.

dezguy

Update:
followed bye fedex security on the route, they found nothing wrong at my work but said nothing about the following. Guess this following was a reaction on the meeting with fedex security.

Warning letter received with lies in it, also nothing in it about the past meeting or the possible signing of myself witch i didn't did. Guaranteed fair treatment started. Had a look in my file at the managers office, two cases in there that aren't my and a second warning letter I never received :angry:
The guaranteed fair treatment in which I could explain and with evidence react on the lies in the warning letter they now changed in there decision and changed it in to a third final warning letter witch result in fired !

File a grievance with your union. If you have evidence then it should be pretty easy for them to get your job back. Even if you don't have evidence, the union should be able to get your job back. You've paid your dues, time for the union to work for you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Update:

The GFTP is a complete joke. Like I said before, I am not familiar with labor law in Europe, but it sounds like you need to speak with a barrister/legal council ASAP. Following you around sounds like harassment in my book. Never trust FedEx..ever. You said you were unionized. Get them off their bum and supporting you and your fellow employees. You are dealing with a company that only understands when they are hauled into court. Eff them, and act accordingly.

Doc Sorting Dude

You haven't had any problems for two years and all of a sudden they want to get rid of you? They cannot get rid of you if you've never had a production warning before. I feel there is more to this story than you are telling us. Besides, If I saw security following me around, I'd sneak up to their truck and put a banana in the tailpipe. Worked for Eddie Murphy.