Tips at Christmas

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dislike receiving tips, especially when they are coming from someone who almost certainly makes less than I do. However, I also recognize that they get joy out of giving them, so I accept them with gratitude. If I have a helper, I pass the tip on to him/her; if I dont I put it in a Salvation Army kettle or otherwise donate it to someone in need. There are a lot of wineries on my route and a lot of them give me a nice bottle of wine every Christmas; rather than trying to explain to them that I am in recovery and dont drink, I accept them with thanks and bring them home to my wife who loves good wine.

kerbinator

Got this last week-

aMrIRaX.jpg

Cookies yesterday, Applebee's gift card today ... I'm not complaining. Not sure I would really like a cash tip...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
$65 thus far.

Do you guys send out thank you cards to everyone who tips you?

I don't send them out but I do drop off a card at the stop. It depends on the situation. A couple of people handed me cash and I shook their hand and thanked them in person. Another left me a c note in a card so I left a thank you on the door. Same with the company that gave me a bunch of cheese and sausage.

FilingBluesFL

Got my tip today from one of my customers.

100% free.

Wasn't exactly a "tip," per se, I had to win a photo contest to get it, but it makes for an awesome Christmas!
ar15windham.jpg

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
So far I've received an awesome box of fine Swiss pastry, a bag of truffles, brownies, cookies, a homemade pumpkin cake, $120 cash. All of my customers get my best service. Some just like to demonstrate their appreciation. I am grateful and don't expect anything. Love to hear a friendly "Thank you" and offer an eager "You're welcome" in kind
Some of my wealthier residential customers like to slam their door as I'm walking away and that just really chaps my :censored2:. My favorite customers, commercial & residential, let me treat their dogs.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
It seems the higher the maintenance of a customer the less likely the tip. The folks that have me jumping through more hoops than a poodle in the circus give nothing while those that cause no problems and no worries are the most genorous.