Tips for a Seasonal Employee

Tron Swanson

Congrats and I know that feeling.

Honestly, just work your ass off. Be on time, never call off during the season and don't complain.

Most seasonals will drop like flies but since u have a family to support, then quitting is not an option and will be ahead of most.
Thank you!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you really want to stand out get yourself a pair of these. Works every time
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1446929123.586227.jpg

Tron Swanson

You were hired as a package handler, you won't be needing to stand out among the drivers, you'll either be loading trailers/package cars, unloading trailers/package cars, or bagging smalls.

Just work hard, show up on time, and look like you actually want the job. The other seasonal hires likely won't want to stay anyways. Good luck to you, too, but If you don't mind me asking, why turn down a job that pays as well as the oil industry? Don't care for the two-weeks on two-weeks off life? I don't think I'd be too into that, myself.
I see that I was mistaken by saying that I will be a package handler because I thought that was the same thing as a delivery driver. I was hired to drive and deliver packages. I do not know if that changes how you all feel about this seasonal employees chances.

The oil field is dead right now and my experience is all on the drilling side. They aren't drilling right now. I gave up the oilfield. In one month it went from "we'll be working in the Bakken for the next ten years!" to heres your severance.

T

Turdferguson

I see that I was mistaken by saying that I will be a package handler because I thought that was the same thing as a delivery driver. I was hired to drive and deliver packages. I do not know if that changes how you all feel about this seasonal employees chances.

The oil field is dead right now and my experience is all on the drilling side. They aren't drilling right now. I gave up the oilfield. In one month it went from "we'll be working in the Bakken for the next ten years!" to heres your severance.

To get hired on full time as a driver they have to use a 6 inside to 1 off street ratio. Seasonal does not count as an inside one. It's not impossible but very, very hard

browner89

To get hired on full time as a driver they have to use a 6 inside to 1 off street ratio. Seasonal does not count as an inside one. It's not impossible but very, very hard

Only if there are 6 willing insiders, in smaller buildings with >100 employees many of them may not even be old enough and everyone else is either already driving or UPS is a stop gap.