Tips for finding misloads?

BurntSienna

I'm a new driver trying to qualify. Where I work they want you to send in any misloads before 2pm so they can come pick them up. Some time between when I get my air off and early afternoon I'll pull over, go through the load, try to put everything in order and while doing so, look for misloads. For some reason, no matter how hard I try there is almost always one that I miss and it rears it's ugly head near the end of the day. And it's usually a commercial stop. I don't want to have to keep sheeting stuff missed because it's making me look bad. I think I just need to slow down and pay closer attention. I'm so concerned with being overallowed and scratching that I think I'm working too fast. Any ideas or suggestions?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I'm a new driver trying to qualify. Where I work they want you to send in any misloads before 2pm so they can come pick them up. Some time between when I get my air off and early afternoon I'll pull over, go through the load, try to put everything in order and while doing so, look for misloads. For some reason, no matter how hard I try there is almost always one that I miss and it rears it's ugly head near the end of the day. And it's usually a commercial stop. I don't want to have to keep sheeting stuff missed because it's making me look bad. I think I just need to slow down and pay closer attention. I'm so concerned with being overallowed and scratching that I think I'm working too fast. Any ideas or suggestions?

You answered your own question. Sh it happens.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
There is no easy way to find a misload; cardboard is the best camouflage in the world.

The misload will find you.

Box Ox

Hate to say it, but you might have to sort during your lunch time. Just while you're trying to qualify. Once you qualify, don't ever do it again. Burning up crawling around in back because preload can't get its act together takes away time you should be resting in AC somewhere. It's just too hot not to. At least where I am (110 heat index today).

porkwagon

Seems like you are doing every thing you can and are doing it right. Keep doing what you are doing. If you can, go look at 7000 and 8000 as early as you can but don't spend too much time trying to clean up preload. For the most part, you will find misloads that are on 1000-5000 early on naturally. Just stay on task, qualify and you'll be good. Good luck!

MendozaJ

Sups will salt your truck to see if you're scanning all packages. Try to sweet talk the neighbors, commercial or residential, for left ats. Asking for a favor works 90% of the time because people will generally feel better about themselves when helping someone out.

FilingBluesFL

In my center, we are instructed to stop and look for misloads by 3pm.

Sure, they get pissed when it takes 10-30 minutes to check every single box to make sure it belongs on my truck, and to check for duplicate labels, and bad PAL slaps, but hey, it's what I was told to do.

Find a nice, shady tree that you can park under, open the doors, and let the magic happen.

They got REALLY angry when we would check before/after our lunch, so now we have to deliver a stop right before we stop and check the car.

So now I have to spend EXTRA time finding a SAFE place to park, and sort and check for misloads.