Tips for preventing misloads?

Enjoi0523

Hello guys (and gals),

I started back in August working Preload. I started off with two trucks and barely misloaded, maybe once or twice a week at most. During the second week of December when our volume started reaching 35,000+ my belt supervisors and the Preload supervisor decided to move me to three trucks. Since then I have been consistently misloading about three to five times a day. This past week they had me loading four trucks now.

Any tips or tricks for preventing misloads? I've tried pulling and putting slaps on the side of packages that face the isle of the truck, we use sharpies to write the HIN and bay number, I've used the scanner but am always told there's no misloads and the viola! Next morning there's the chart showing several misloads on my trucks. It's getting rather aggravating.

jbg77

Convince your supe to keep you at one load set continuously would help. Have your supe place placards on several locations of each pc and have the truck renamed to something besides the route number.

9.5er

Write each trucks ID largely on a sheet of paper and tape it to the back of truck. Be sure it is easy to see each time you walk in.

Enjoi0523

We have big orange papers with the route numbers, but when your running back and forth between three to four trucks with 300+/truck it can easily be overlooked.

I do like the idea of changing the name of the truck. I'll ask them tomorrow about that idea.

And yeah, it would be nice to have the same load set consistently.

Only if they could solve the misload crisis; the money they would save. I average 1 misload and they always make me deliver it, i have got an extra hour delivering a misload

McGee

I do like the idea of changing the name of the truck. I'll ask them tomorrow about that idea.

It DEFINITELY can be done ( If its slow, you may have the 'C' car cut and get a replacement that you normally don't ( and if it happens more than once a week, you could have a different 'C' car every time)

McGee

Have your supe place placards on several locations of each pc and have the truck renamed to something besides the route number.

Works wonders, then when you get a sup that walks by and asks "What car are you in?" You can answer lickety split!

watdaflock?

Slow down. Simple as that. You probably are a very good employee, that's why you're loading four pc's. Instead of working with such urgency, slow down. Double check or even triple check the label.

Circle the label with your sharpie, another form of checking.

Pooter

When I worked preload, i had them change the trucks name to my drivers name; MIKE, STAN, ect. Made it much easier to spot misloads.

Also glance at the addresses, takes a second longer but you will start associating companies and street names with the route; thus throwing a red flag in your brain when something odd gets spotted.

Thanks for showing some initiative to reducing your misloads.

When I worked preload, i had them change the trucks name to my drivers name; MIKE, STAN, ect. Made it much easier to spot misloads.

Also glance at the addresses, takes a second longer but you will start associating companies and street names with the route; thus throwing a red flag in your brain when something odd gets spotted.

Thanks for showing some initiative to reducing your misloads.
All if our routes have drivers names not route numbers.