Tips for preventing misloads?

HardknocksUPSer

I take the labels off and put them on the end of the boxes so that when you walk down the isle of the truck you can see every single label, keep one fingernail alittle longer than the rest so you can peel the labels easier. It also helps you due to the fact it makes it easier to check for misloads in your free time. However my best advice is to get it in the right truck the first time and you won't have to check. Goodluck! Don't admit to any misloads and always come up with an excuse as to why it wasn't you.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Do people give you "help" loading? That may be the problem. Put a mark by the PAL label and ask your drivers to take a pic of the misload. If it has your mark, own it but my guess is your "help" is behind a lion's share of the misloads.

Overpaid Union Thug

I take the labels off and put them on the end of the boxes so that when you walk down the isle of the truck you can see every single label, keep one fingernail alittle longer than the rest so you can peel the labels easier. It also helps you due to the fact it makes it easier to check for misloads in your free time. However my best advice is to get it in the right truck the first time and you won't have to check. Goodluck! Don't admit to any misloads and always come up with an excuse as to why it wasn't you.
Our division manager instructed a bunch of his preloads to refrain from peeling labels and to write the sequence numbers instead and face them out. Also instructed the supervisors in those buildings to give anyone caught peeling labels a warning letter. I tell ya those fools want us to fail.

Future

Victory Ride
148433-004-D9DF871A.jpg

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Our division manager instructed a bunch of his preloads to refrain from peeling labels and to write the sequence numbers instead and face them out. Also instructed the supervisors in those buildings to give anyone caught peeling labels a warning letter. I tell ya those fools want us to fail.
As peak was winding up before I went on leave I was bouncing around quite a bit and I noticed ALOT of dyslexic people decided to be seasonal loaders at ups.

Hin numbers were all mixed up 4084 became 4804 and was loaded according in the wrong spot.

We had a loader who was 1:48000 packages in his misload freq. that means he hadn't had a misload in nearly a year (the next closest loader was 1/4500 their goal is 1/3500).

He never wrote him numbers on boxes and rarely moved the pal.

They would yell at him and his ot sup everyday because he wasn't using a marker. His put sup was begging him just to hold the marker in his hand so the pt sups ftmer would stop yelling at him.

To the op:

Try concentrating on the first four numbers in the hin. Example: 56-3445 shoul just be looked at as 56-34. Your brain can't handle a sew of numbers that big. It won't be stop for stop but it'll be close and stop for stop is a dream these days anyway

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Look at the pal as well as the shipping label. Make sure they match. Also correct truck. Most misplaced boxes are because of a bad pal. In my center

HardknocksUPSer

Mine told me the exact same thing personally and decided he could show me how to properly load to make Orion effective. Funny thing is any driver worth his salt wouldn't rely on the numbers wrote by a preloader half asleep, furthermore it's a Waste of time due to the fact the driver needs a address not just a PAL label. My way a driver gets both and a misload free truck almost stop for stop. The UPS way is truly ignorant in the real world scenarios. I personally hate the markers because they ruin my clothes because I mark on my shirts/pants on accident. Either let me have it my way or i slow down to a snail pace to follow their method.

Overpaid Union Thug

Mine told me the exact same thing personally and decided he could show me how to properly load to make Orion effective. Funny thing is any driver worth his salt wouldn't rely on the numbers wrote by a preloader half asleep, furthermore it's a Waste of time due to the fact the driver needs a address not just a PAL label. My way a driver gets both and a misload free truck almost stop for stop. The UPS way is truly ignorant in the real world scenarios. I personally hate the markers because they ruin my clothes because I mark on my shirts/pants on accident. Either let me have it my way or i slow down to a snail pace to follow their method.
Writing numbers is counter productive. The numbers are already on the labels! LOL! And dislexsia numbers are common.

Enjoi0523

As peak was winding up before I went on leave I was bouncing around quite a bit and I noticed ALOT of dyslexic people decided to be seasonal loaders at ups.

Hin numbers were all mixed up 4084 became 4804 and was loaded according in the wrong spot.

We had a loader who was 1:48000 packages in his misload freq. that means he hadn't had a misload in nearly a year (the next closest loader was 1/4500 their goal is 1/3500).

He never wrote him numbers on boxes and rarely moved the pal.

They would yell at him and his ot sup everyday because he wasn't using a marker. His put sup was begging him just to hold the marker in his hand so the pt sups ftmer would stop yelling at him.

To the op:

Try concentrating on the first four numbers in the hin. Example: 56-3445 shoul just be looked at as 56-34. Your brain can't handle a sew of numbers that big. It won't be stop for stop but it'll be close and stop for stop is a dream these days
Thanks

Thanks, I'll try the 4 numbers rather than six... And that's strange... The record at the facility I work at has the same record... Twilight zone.