Tips for preventing misloads?

Future

Victory Ride
1353322090284389518.png
Exactly! Morons.

HardknocksUPSer

It's to make you look at the label again so you have the right car. Don't misload and we wouldn't have to do stupid crap like that.
What do you think I'm doing when I peel the label off and slap it on the end and put it in order? Looking at it for the second time to insure it's right. Suppose my drivers don't mind it either since they give me breakfast and money all the time.[emoji14]

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our division manager instructed a bunch of his preloads to refrain from peeling labels and to write the sequence numbers instead and face them out. Also instructed the supervisors in those buildings to give anyone caught peeling labels a warning letter. I tell ya those fools want us to fail.

Your DM has a valid point-----why would you have one person applying the label only to have someone else peeling it off?

Overpaid Union Thug

Your DM has a valid point-----why would you have one person applying the label only to have someone else peeling it off?

That is not his point nor is it a valid one.
Have the jackass put them on the end of the boxes, it's not rocket science.

Well, that's what the preloaders are doing if need be. In my center the slappers (that's what we call the people that initially put the labels on) don't always have time.

HardknocksUPSer

That is not his point nor is it a valid one.

Well, that's what the preloaders are doing if need be. In my center the slappers (that's what we call the people that initially put the labels on) don't always have time.
Time isn't our problem, if the unloaders go to fast for the slappers let the slappers fill up data act and rerun that volume for the second time, it adds time onto every hourlies day except the unloaders, win win.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Scanners hung at the back door with constant scanning, scan the bar code green light it goes in that truck , red light and buzzer not. Print total packages with addresses and 1z label.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If u have time just go back through your cars at the end of the day. Your going to have misloads, no one is perfect.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The loaders are STILL suppose to verify the pal and actual address on package

Actually I have been told just to look at the number on the hin label. By numerous supervisors. Of course I do look at the address because the address can also tell me if the package goes in the truck to. I was trained off the old system of looking at addresses and then going to the chart to find the number.

underworked1

Hello guys (and gals),

I started back in August working Preload. I started off with two trucks and barely misloaded, maybe once or twice a week at most. During the second week of December when our volume started reaching 35,000+ my belt supervisors and the Preload supervisor decided to move me to three trucks. Since then I have been consistently misloading about three to five times a day. This past week they had me loading four trucks now.

Any tips or tricks for preventing misloads? I've tried pulling and putting slaps on the side of packages that face the isle of the truck, we use sharpies to write the HIN and bay number, I've used the scanner but am always told there's no misloads and the viola! Next morning there's the chart showing several misloads on my trucks. It's getting rather aggravating.
It's likely some of your misload have the wrong pal on them. I find lots of misloads that either have a wrong pal label or 2 labels. When I scan it and send it in, it just counts as a misload. Technically you are supposed to verify with the real label but loading 4 trucks and writing on each box the shelf location, it's impossible to check them all....unless you want a mountain of stack out behind the trucks.