Tips On Learning Sort

Appleyard

Hey guys, at the hub i work at there is a heavy need for sorters. As you know it comes with an extra $1 and this is something i'm interested in. They sheet they gave me to memorize is mind boggling. How do i start? any tips on learning this and becoming a sorter as soon as possible? thanks!

anonymous4

Make yourself flash cards corresponding to the belt color and memorize if you enjoy wasting your personal time for no gain.

Floyd Gondolli

Number/Color association. If your talking primary sort, for example if you have, let's say 93201 going to black belt, Marcus Allen wore 32 for the raiders. 32 Black jersey. It could be sports,music,entertainment, whatever you relate to. Flash Cards are huge. Have someone test you with them. Don't do it yourself. The retention is better when there shown to you.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Number/Color association. If your talking primary sort, for example if you have, let's say 93201 going to black belt, Marcus Allen wore 32 for the raiders. 32 Black jersey. It could be sports,music,entertainment, whatever you relate to. Flash Cards are huge. Have someone test you with them. Don't do it yourself. The retention is better when there shown to you.

This is what I use. I associate everything with the jersey numbers worn by players on my favorite baseball team over the last 25 years. I once boggled my OCS's mind once when I was able to remember an entire 16 digit tracking number after looking at it for about 5 seconds.

Johnny815

I'll tell you what I did... I didn't go by states, I went by zips. So, I made a list 0 - 1000. For example:

0-127 is yellow belt
128-178 is blue belt
179-200 is yellow
201 is blue
etc.....
It gets a little tricky when you have to incorporate 3 and 2 days into the list, but it is much easier than the **** list they give you.