tips tricks in the diad to get faster?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Bluegrizzlies1, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Funtimes

Funtimes Member

Just trying to get faster for better numbers what tips or tricks can make u faster for better numbers?

2. novadriver

novadriver Active Member

repitition, repitition, muscle memory

3. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

When you put your time for lunch in the board, actually take it.

When you sort your truck in the morning before PCM, make sure you are punched in.

After you do both of those things, you will be much faster and the numbers really won't matter. One more point, the numbers are not recognized by the contract so stop worrying about numbers and do things right.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. Future

Future Well-Known Member

Good God son!

5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

runner runner chicken gunner

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. jaker

jaker trolling

Time

7. Mr Shifter

Mr Shifter Active Member

If you ask one of the clerks they'll let you take a spare diad home and practice with it. Just make sure it's 100 percent charged because not easy charging at home. ;)

Sent using BrownCafe App

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

"Better Numbers" means a smaller paycheck, why do people do this to themselves?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Austin.Was.My.Hero

Austin.Was.My.Hero quod erat demonstrandum

Work with a sense of urgency.

10. brownman87

brownman87 New Member

What are those "numbers" though???

11. stortiz1

stortiz1 New Member

I have been on as a seasonal driver for two weeks and have been on several different routes. Long term drivers seem to have the same underlying theme... Sense of urgency and safety during driving. I have been told to calm my anxiety and think. Diad speed will come. I have studied my ass of the diad made easy hand outs but like the poster above says... the continual repetition will condition your brain to become faster.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Because there is more to life than money?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

There is a operations report which is printed each day that shows your performance the previous day. Everything that you do throughout the day works out to a dispatch time, which is how long it should have taken you. If you do it faster that is called being under. If you do it slower that is called being over. If you do it the same that is called running scratch. The goal is to run scratch or better while working safely and taking care of the customers.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. joeboodog

joeboodog good people drink good beer

Numbers? Numbers? We don't need no stinking numbers.
    the-treasure-of-the-sierra-madre-stinking-badges.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  15. Funtimes

Funtimes Member

Thanks for all info

I run a in town route with not many pickups so I'm always seem to be about 2.5 hours over.

Plus we unload and sort the and put everything on our cars ourselves so I think those 2.5 hours goes against us to

16. UpstateNYUPSer

You unload and then reload a pkg car that was already loaded? No wonder you are 2.5 hours over. There are no DIAD tricks that can fix stupid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

He may be talking about a driver sort and load. We did for years and there are a few operations like that left. No misloads and everybody was home at a decent time.

18. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

Unless you are on a satellite route, reloading your truck is not helpful, although most of us understand why you might think so.
    Aside from that you need to know that the allowances are subject to be quite unfair and misleading and not in your favor.
    Use the methods, get as smooth as you can with your work routine, and don't focus on their numbers.
    As for the diad, I find that I am better using the shift key instead of the touch screen. It's not really faster, it's
    just less aggravating.

19. rod

rod retired and happy

Ask your management team---they wrote the book on how to juggle numbers to make things look good.

20. Kicked Your Dog

Kicked Your Dog 22 Year South Cal UPSer

Hold down the yellow button, on the side of the diad, and have the customer speak their name into the stylus. You'd be surprised by how much time you can crush using this little known method.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List