tips tricks in the diad to get faster?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
There is a operations report which is printed each day that shows your performance the previous day. Everything that you do throughout the day works out to a dispatch time, which is how long it should have taken you. If you do it faster that is called being under. If you do it slower that is called being over. If you do it the same that is called running scratch. The goal is to run scratch or better while working safely and taking care of the customers.
And most places, the numbers are skewed, and dont mean crap. You get the same allowance for 10 envelopes as you do 10/69 pd packages. Put in your overweights for )/70 in special counts, but it takes you as long to enter it as is the allowance. The numbers used to be attainable, and fairer, now they are jacked.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Hold down the yellow button, on the side of the diad, and have the customer speak their name into the stylus. You'd be surprised by how much time you can crush using this little known method.
Also when delivering the wine that says "do not deliver to intoxicated people" make them blow in the speaker holes, Now you are a cop too.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The WOR is like an ATM for UPS encouraging the laying golden eggs from believers in the "Fairy tale of the Numbers." Increasingly there is a temptation to cut open the goose or at least reach a fist up her egg hatch and pull out more than a fair days work. Those that keep worrying about and attempting to accommodate the "Numbers" simply perpetuate the myth of their perceived fairness in reality.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You are paid by the hr. Management is payed by those imaginary numbers on the page they live by. On your so called production report. Give them the keys. If done correctly. They will be paid over too. Work smart. Not hard (Right Jump!)

throwbackk

Best way to speed up your time is to get a good routine going. Pop the fob before you enter truck. As you are sitting down hit green button once, simultaneously fastening belt. As soon as it snaps hit button to start and put it in drive\releasing your handbrake and accelerating all at once. It's these type of routines that make you efficient. 10 extra seconds per stop when you have 200 stops means 33 minutes over right there. 20 seconds is an hour over. Set your truck up as soon as you get your air off. At least up to your 4000 shelf. Organization will make you or break you on this job.

box_beeyotch

Best way to speed up your time is to get a good routine going. Pop the fob before you enter truck. As you are sitting down hit green button once, simultaneously fastening belt. As soon as it snaps hit button to start and put it in drive\releasing your handbrake and accelerating all at once. It's these type of routines that make you efficient. 10 extra seconds per stop when you have 200 stops means 33 minutes over right there. 20 seconds is an hour over. Set your truck up as soon as you get your air off. At least up to your 4000 shelf. Organization will make you or break you on this job.

I've found its even more efficient if you drive a manual for start car routine. It's already in gear, as soon as the mirror is clear you're moving.

Geo926

I've found its even more efficient if you drive a manual for start car routine. It's already in gear, as soon as the mirror is clear you're moving.

True but love starting that truck everytime with an automatic before your ass hits the seat.

Sent using BrownCafe App

HubBub

Over/under is utter BS. Some routes you can run, and I mean literally run, as fast as you can, work through lunch, skip breaks, with the least miles possible and still be "over". Some routes you can stroll through, take all breaks and lunch and come in "under". Complete and utter BS.

It's hard to believe the union still accepts "bonus" as a legit thing in some places. So much room for unfairness and favortism with the faulty algorithms they use.

"Favorable" routes pay more for less work whilst "unfavorable" routes pay less for more work. Certainly not an equitable arrangement imo.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Over/under is utter BS. Some routes you can run, and I mean literally run, as fast as you can, work through lunch, skip breaks, with the least miles possible and still be "over". Some routes you can stroll through, take all breaks and lunch and come in "under". Complete and utter BS.

It's hard to believe the union still accepts "bonus" as a legit thing in some places. So much room for unfairness and favortism with the faulty algorithms they use.

"Favorable" routes pay more for less work whilst "unfavorable" routes pay less for more work. Certainly not an equitable arrangement imo.
I agree. That being said, I'll keep bonus.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

And......

you've been assimilated.

10 point

Yes the feeder driver brings the semi and we unload the trailer and load our own cars
We record "sort and load" time in the leave building screen at the top for all hrs loading. We also record "driver assist" time in Other Work for all time spent meeting and transferring pkgs from car to car during the 3 and 6 o'clock "dispatches" too.

throwbackk

And......

you've been assimilated.
I only do what I'm paid to do. Nothing more or less. Don't run jump or speed. But I won't try to milk the company like most people on here. Our employers are sometimes scumbags but I won't lay down on the job. Guess that makes me not as edgy as some. I won't lose any sleep.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I only do what I'm paid to do. Nothing more or less. Don't run jump or speed. But I won't try to milk the company like most people on here. Our employers are sometimes scumbags but I won't lay down on the job. Guess that makes me not as edgy as some. I won't lose any sleep.
Because "most people" on here are looking to screw the company? Sounds like you should put your letter in. Unlike yourself, I feel "most people" on here represent the best qualities of the company, the union, and contributing members to society.

undies

I can scan and DR a package without even looking at the board, all while walking at a brisk pace. Muscle memory is amazing.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have worked in bonus and non-bonus centers. In a non-bonus center they are better at dispatching because they know no one is going to bust out a 10.5 dispatch in 9.5 hours like in a bonus center.