tips

Discussion in 'The Archives' started by slyguy, Jan 24, 2003.

1. slyguy

slyguy Guest

Any stories on tips received from customers, money or other gifts?

2. steward

steward Guest

Be Careful

3. dannyboy

dannyboy Guest

Fruit baskets count? Or $100 dollar gift certs?

4. upsdude

upsdude Guest

"Be Careful"

?????????????

5. rushfan

rushfan Guest

Old crappy candy, stuff no one wants.

6. steward377

steward377 Guest

whats with the be careful

7. over9five

over9five Guest

"Any stories on tips received from customers..."

Down $100 from last year. Bad economy I guess.... or was it my poor service....?

8. proups

proups Guest

Tips? You have got to be kidding!!!

At Christmas, I have seen many drivers get gifts, but if you take money, then you may be asking for trouble if management finds out.

9. over9five

over9five Guest

I, of course, meant that the value of gifts I may or may not have received went down $100........... <snicker>

10. upsdude

upsdude Guest

Management in my area has never (to my knowledge) had a problem with us being tipped. The subject has always been discussed the week prior to Christmas. Some customers actually bring the drivers gift to the building.

11. badhab1

badhab1 Guest

Most of us felt it was very demeaning to accept cash tips and would never have done so. Just changing times I suppose but I just feel that one can not be a "professional" only when it is convenient. JMHO

12. over9five

over9five Guest

I feel so dirty now....

13. dannyboy

dannyboy Guest

BAd habits

It is totally bad form when you go above and beyond for a customer, and he gets you something as a gift, for you to turn it down. If the customer goes to all the trouble of getting you something, accept it with thanks. I could see your point with cash, but if it is a gift......it would be bad form.

d

(Message edited by dannyboy on January 25, 2003)

14. deliver_man

deliver_man Guest

I myself actively solicit cash gifts at Christmas time! From December 1st on, I tell my tales of woe and want to all my big customers. The crushing cost of my daughter's "operation", The burden (and cost!) of caring for my invalid brother...

"Yes", I tell them, with a soulful look in my eye, "It's gonna be a lean year for them poor kids of mine...just wish there was some way I could afford to buy them some gifts..." Heck, they pay me off just to shut me the hell up

15. upsdude

upsdude Guest

deliver_man.........

Sort of like the story I use when a pickup account asks me to come back. Sure, I can come back but I need to call the Orphanage. I have to let them know that I cant take the kids to the movies tonight, have to work late. Maybe I can take them next month.

Just a joke folks. Don't worry, I smile and say no problem! mo money mo money mo money! LOL!

16. vgpa

vgpa Guest

I always tip my driver at christmas time ...with cash.

17. badhab1

badhab1 Guest

Danny, read my post. I think that I referred to cash, not Christmas gifts. Have a nice day.

18. dannyboy

dannyboy Guest

You are correct, my mistake. I do not, as a rule, accept cash. Tell them the company does not allow it.

d

19. vgpa

vgpa Guest

dannyboy,
    You dont except cash? Most likely they paid for your gift certificate with cash, no? Or would you rather get a bottle of something you dont drink and let it collect dust?

20. upsdude

upsdude Guest

Guys,

I have to honesty say that in my 15 years as a driver, Ive never once been told directly or indirectly that Im forbidden from accepting cash gifts.