Tire tracks in yard

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Thatguy123, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Thatguy123

Thatguy123 Member

Long story short.. Was pulling into rural driveway today and had to pull in the grass a little so my rear tire wouldn't go into ditch and ended up leaving a 6-8 foot tire mark in yard. Wanted to notify the home owners but no one was home.. Feel bad but don't know what to do. Haven't told any sup yet and I'm sure no one would find out but it was my mistake and want to fix it

2. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

If you were going to notify the homeowners...had they been home, shouldn't you have notified your sup
    about the incident yesterday?

3. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Should of called a sup. learned this one the wrong way one time.

4. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Easy remedy, go buy some soil and some grass seed and go knock this Saturday and offer to fix it

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

So, if you don't call your sup...what happens if the homeowner...deducing from the package on his porch that the ups man messed up his lawn and calls UPS to complain?

6. Thatguy123

Thatguy123 Member

Didn't deliver to their house. Was in a new area and ran past a house and used their driveway to turn around

7. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

Don't worry about it and don't tell anyone about it. Just be more careful and don't do it again.

Never do what MyTripisCut. Had a guy in are building hit a retaining wall doing what your where doing left a note saying he be back to fix and didn't notify UPS the homeowner called UPS they found out about it and the driver got in more trouble.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. rod

rod retired and happy

Good lord---if I had a nickel for every time I left a tire track in a yard I'd be rich. It ain't the end of the world--especially out in the country. If worse comes to worse just say you didn't realize you did it--you are sorry--(shed an alligator tear) and move along.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

Bingo....but if they call it in ups would treat it like you were the worst driver that ever has lived...has to make everything drama..A damn soap opera. .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Farm yard- probably ok.

McMansion yard-good luck.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  11. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

I think fixing some damaged grass and fixing a retaining wall are a tad different.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Agreed but the moral is to never make side deals with the homeowner.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

Not in Ups eyes they aren't. Sh? T happens. Tire tracks ant tire grooves are different. Which did you do?

14. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

If you center manager or SUP find out that you damaged someone property and didn't report it, then took upon yourself to fix the damage so your center manager and SUP won't find out it really doesn't matter how minor it was you going to be in more trouble than you would have if you just told your Sup in the first place.

As I said before sometime it's better to just not say anything to anyone.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Deny Everything!!!

16. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

REPORT EVERYTHING.

I don't care if you hit a branch with your mirror and broke a limb. I don't care if you ran alongside someone's yard and left tire tracks. I don't care if you brushed up against a dumpster. I don't care if a bird hit your windshield and cracked it. I don't care if a random person hits your mirror while your parked and doesn't stop

REPORT EVERYTHING

You can't be fired for reporting accidents that really aren't. You can however be fired for not reporting accidents that are. What you consider isn't an accident may be different than what a supervisor would consider an accident.

REPORT EVERYTHING

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  17. Wizzy

Wizzy Member

If I had had a nickel for every tire track I'd have $5! Report everything losing1 yr safe driving beats unployment. Most small stuff goes under the rug.

18. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

BAD DRIVER! BAD! Now don't do it again. Report all asap. If there is a right time of yr for this to happen. It is now. Now stick out your hand and take your slap. Like a man

19. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Not always I left a rut in a yard that was bare dirt. Hadn't even been seeded yet. I thought nothing of it. As far as I was concerned it was a 5 minute fix with a shovel if they wanted it fixed. Ups paid them something like $250.

20. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Better hope there weren't any cameras.