Tire tracks in yard

Thatguy123

Long story short.. Was pulling into rural driveway today and had to pull in the grass a little so my rear tire wouldn't go into ditch and ended up leaving a 6-8 foot tire mark in yard. Wanted to notify the home owners but no one was home.. Feel bad but don't know what to do. Haven't told any sup yet and I'm sure no one would find out but it was my mistake and want to fix it

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So, if you don't call your sup...what happens if the homeowner...deducing from the package on his porch that the ups man messed up his lawn and calls UPS to complain?

UPSGUY72

Didn't deliver to their house. Was in a new area and ran past a house and used their driveway to turn around

Don't worry about it and don't tell anyone about it. Just be more careful and don't do it again.

Never do what MyTripisCut. Had a guy in are building hit a retaining wall doing what your where doing left a note saying he be back to fix and didn't notify UPS the homeowner called UPS they found out about it and the driver got in more trouble.

rod

Retired 22 years
Good lord---if I had a nickel for every time I left a tire track in a yard I'd be rich. It ain't the end of the world--especially out in the country. If worse comes to worse just say you didn't realize you did it--you are sorry--(shed an alligator tear) and move along.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Good lord---if I had a nickel for every time I left a tire track in a yard I'd be rich. It ain't the end of the world--especially out in the country. If worse comes to worse just say you didn't realize you did it--you are sorry--(shed an alligator tear) and move along.
Bingo....but if they call it in ups would treat it like you were the worst driver that ever has lived...has to make everything drama..A damn soap opera. .

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Don't worry about it and don't tell anyone about it. Just be more careful and don't do it again.

Never do what MyTripisCut. Had a guy in are building hit a retaining wall doing what your where doing left a note saying he be back to fix and didn't notify UPS the homeowner called UPS they found out about it and the driver got in more trouble.
I think fixing some damaged grass and fixing a retaining wall are a tad different.

UPSGUY72

I think fixing some damaged grass and fixing a retaining wall are a tad different.

If you center manager or SUP find out that you damaged someone property and didn't report it, then took upon yourself to fix the damage so your center manager and SUP won't find out it really doesn't matter how minor it was you going to be in more trouble than you would have if you just told your Sup in the first place.

As I said before sometime it's better to just not say anything to anyone.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Long story short.. Was pulling into rural driveway today and had to pull in the grass a little so my rear tire wouldn't go into ditch and ended up leaving a 6-8 foot tire mark in yard. Wanted to notify the home owners but no one was home.. Feel bad but don't know what to do. Haven't told any sup yet and I'm sure no one would find out but it was my mistake and want to fix it

Deny Everything!!!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
REPORT EVERYTHING.

I don't care if you hit a branch with your mirror and broke a limb. I don't care if you ran alongside someone's yard and left tire tracks. I don't care if you brushed up against a dumpster. I don't care if a bird hit your windshield and cracked it. I don't care if a random person hits your mirror while your parked and doesn't stop

REPORT EVERYTHING

You can't be fired for reporting accidents that really aren't. You can however be fired for not reporting accidents that are. What you consider isn't an accident may be different than what a supervisor would consider an accident.

REPORT EVERYTHING

Wizzy

If I had had a nickel for every tire track I'd have $5! Report everything losing1 yr safe driving beats unployment. Most small stuff goes under the rug.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
BAD DRIVER! BAD! Now don't do it again. Report all asap. If there is a right time of yr for this to happen. It is now. Now stick out your hand and take your slap. Like a man

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not always I left a rut in a yard that was bare dirt. Hadn't even been seeded yet. I thought nothing of it. As far as I was concerned it was a 5 minute fix with a shovel if they wanted it fixed. Ups paid them something like $250.