Tired of being sent home

BurntSienna

Here's my story. Started in late August. Was hired off the street. Didn't work enough days to make book before the freeze. Worked my butt off all peak. Laid me off from driving in January but gave me the option to stay on as a pre-loader. Been working the preload and delivering air on Saturdays. I show up every single day and give it my best. I worked 2 days this week...a total of 8 hours. I understand that this is how the game is played and we all have to pay our dues. Just looking for some thoughts and feedback here. Do I have a legitimate shot to be a full-time driver this year?
I figured if I can make seniority as a preloader then they have to give me another shot, right?

PT Car Washer

With all the new drivers my building hired last year and now all the lay offs and route cutting I doubt if we will be hiring anybody for awhile. Of course your building could be different. Ask around your building.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Here's my story. Started in late August. Was hired off the street. Didn't work enough days to make book before the freeze. Worked my butt off all peak. Laid me off from driving in January but gave me the option to stay on as a pre-loader. Been working the preload and delivering air on Saturdays. I show up every single day and give it my best. I worked 2 days this week...a total of 8 hours. I understand that this is how the game is played and we all have to pay our dues. Just looking for some thoughts and feedback here. Do I have a legitimate shot to be a full-time driver this year?
I figured if I can make seniority as a preloader then they have to give me another shot, right?
It's all based on seniority....you probably have a bunch of people ahead of you. You don't get to cut the line....you wait your turn.

I live for Brown

I was a preloader for 12 years and never had a misload, did twice the amount of work than anyone else and it usually goes unnoticed. I waited bc I was guaranteed at least 20 hours five days a week. That meant less time I had to wait to be full time driver. I swear I was off more than I worked the year I was cover PT. I finally got FT status ONE month after the new contract pushed back the big hefty raise, I now have to wait until Sept 2016 so that's 16 YEARS of waiting. That's a decision you have to make. Fortunately for me, I started at 19 years old but my body is starting to already start its toll. Good luck to you

I live for Brown

You haven't qualified yet either so you aren't even entitled to the 8 hour guarantee.

What exactly is the 8 hour guarantee bc I have been given 2 different answers and I am FT driver and got hurt at work and was told I would get paid the full 8 hours bc I was supposed to be light duty and they made me call my doc two times for a note saying "no restriction" bc otherwise I couldn't work at all. It's so confusing and frustrating

I live for Brown

It's all based on seniority....you probably have a bunch of people ahead of you. You don't get to cut the line....you wait your turn.
That's one of the downfalls of unions, they protect lazy asses and it has nothing to do with how well you perform, it's your number on the list but the average time frame is approximately 10-13 years to get FT in our state at least

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's one of the downfalls of unions, they protect lazy asses and it has nothing to do with how well you perform, it's your number on the list but the average time frame is approximately 10-13 years to get FT in our state at least
I've been on preload almost 9 years and still waiting....there should be no off the street FT hires...they should all have to be PTers first.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I think I will be contacting the union bc I got hurt at work and they have me working short shifts and only paying me for the hours I work, I've been so disappointed with my career choice lately, and I'm sick of being pressured to become a sup, how many times do you have to say no?!

Punctuation is your friend!!

I live for Brown

UPS doesn't allow lazy people. Wait your turn,we all did.
Actually I have 15 years vested and am a FT ground driver. I guess you are lucky or just blind to the laziness bc we definitely have some doozies here, I wasn't the one who posted I just started, I have definitely waited my time patiently and last milestone is another year and a half until I hit peak, the new contract added another year wait to make peak and I missed it by a month.

I live for Brown

I've been on preload almost 9 years and still waiting....there should be no off the street FT hires...they should all have to be PTers first.
I was on preload 12 years, cover driver for almost one and FT for 2 years. Finally alnost there!! I agree there should be no off street driver hires either it's not right.