tired of feeder !!!!

biggs68

has anyone ever heard of a feeder driver going back to package after being in feeder for six years ? is that even possible ?

over9five

Staff member
With the reduction of most Feeder routes to at or near 8 hours, you could see a lot of drivers bidding back to Package next year.

See how that works out for the company!

biggs68

i was told by my union local 804 in nyc , and management that i was stuck in feeder ! no o/t , working 10pm -7am this sucks !! :angry:

tae111

We have two seniority lists. Company and Classification. Company is for vacation and lay off . Classification is for everything else. If you transfer between classifications you go to the bottom of the list for job pick, overtime, days off, ect. You still get to pick your vacations by your company time. If you transfer from feeder to package or package to feeder you go to the bottom of the list each time.

bluehdmc

We have two seniority lists. Company and Classification. Company is for vacation and lay off . Classification is for everything else. If you transfer between classifications you go to the bottom of the list for job pick, overtime, days off, ect. You still get to pick your vacations by your company time. If you transfer from feeder to package or package to feeder you go to the bottom of the list each time.

That's the way it works in North Jersey. I know a couple of feeder drivers that went back to package. In our local if you change centers in the same building you to the bottom of the seniority list in that center, although you keep your company seniority for vacations and layoffs.

over9five

Staff member

Wow, that's horrible. How can you guys accept that all your time with the company means nothing just because you change classification? Seniority is all we have! Time for you guys to kick some butt down at the hall, me thinks!

biggs68

according to my union contract i missed the dead line ! i had 4 months to decide to go back after 4 months i'm not allowed to go back !i would have also kept my seniority . but any way thanks for the info it's nice to see how screwed up my local is ! w.t.friend.. ?

diesel96

Not here! You keep your seniority wherever you go. What kind of Local you got? You shouldn't lose seniority for changing jobs!

Wow, that's horrible. How can you guys accept that all your time with the company means nothing just because you change classification? Seniority is all we have! Time for you guys to kick some butt down at the hall, me thinks!

If your classified Feeder Driver, you should have won a bid run, and your old pkg route should have went up for bid. Has this happened ?

Or are you considered a Qualified Extra and your old route never went up for bid?

Do you pick your vacations with the Feeder Drivers or the Pkg Center ?

I ask these questions to determine if what you say is true, then you do have a kick ass local/regional representation...

diesel96

according to my union contract i missed the dead line ! i had 4 months to decide to go back after 4 months i'm not allowed to go back !i would have also kept my seniority . but any way thanks for the info it's nice to see how screwed up my local is ! w.t.friend.. ?

biggs, how old are you ? Do you really want to be humping pkg's in your fifities? Once you sign off on Feeders, they won't let you back.....

brett636

I can't imagine wanting to get out of feeders because that is where I would like to be. I know plenty of people who are willing to give up their first born to get into feeders. A friend of mine who is a regular route feeder driver seems to still get about 10 hours of overtime a week so I'm curious how in areas like over9five you can get limited to 8 hours only.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
Same deal as bluehdmc has. I don't agree with it at all. It is frustrating seeing people who were hired off the street who may have a couple of years more in feeders than I do get better job picks. Especially when I have 15 full time years in the company and they don't even approach that.

And I am not even talking about all of my part time years not counting, which is another crock.

As for transferring back, I would quit before going back.

Good luck.

The only people who go back to package here are laid off feeder drivers if they choose that option. We don`t have any real overtime problems,you can go high or low depending on start time and seniority. I have been averaging 7-10 hours a week which is plenty. I would bump into hub jobs long before I would ever go back to package car.

Highwayman

Boy, it sure would be nice to work 8 hours and leave! I get 2 to 3 hours OT a day. Enjoy life at 8, soon you will be working 14 a day.:greedy:

Hangingon

One of our Q list drivers went back. He decided he missed the old 'lifestyle'. No random tests in delivery. According to the contract you can bid back into Feeders I thought after a certain number of years if you take your name off, or is that only Qualified List people?

redshift1

has anyone ever heard of a feeder driver going back to package after being in feeder for six years ? is that even possible ?

There are thousands and thousands of package drivers who would jump at the chance to leave package for feeder you will not get to pick a route and would probably be driving utility Shudder!!.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Out here in California UPS basically has the approach that once you go feeder, you are feeder till the day you retire. With that said you do not lose your bid route in package untill you have a bidded feeder run. Also one more note is that here your senority is only at the bottom for the first year your in feeder after that your seniority is what your full-time senority was in package. Also as long as you dont change buildings you never lose your senority. For crying out loud your senority is all that we have!