tired of junk equipment

NHDRVR

Simple,red tag the shifters. YOU are the one ultimately responsible for your and anyone elses safety. If they refuse to properly fix them then drop the dime and call OSHA or your Canadian equivalent.

Amen,
Trust no one but yourself for your safety...

the problem is our yard is to tight for that, put a pup between pups or a van between vans u cant get in between to crank the landing gear....you have to crank it down then back up dragging the landing gear

and if u are in a pup next to a van its even worse

Ok,heres how you do it. First off get the trailer nice and straight and back it in until it`s just before the crank,make sure it`s straight because you`re not going to have a do over. Spin the legs down leaving a couple (2 not 6) inches between the legs and the ground. Pull the fifth wheel and slowly back the rest of the way in. Pull the trailer brakes and when they`re set pull forward a few inches. Set your brakes,pull your hoses and pull the rest of the way out. Because you left 2 inches under the legs when the trailer is moved again you can drag it out until you can get to the crank and put the legs up. It`s not a trick thats company approved but sometimes in tight spots you have to do it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
what does it take to get equipment fixed

I have been wondering this same thing the last five weeks. On August 28, the automatic transmission tore up on my three year old P700. I tried to make it through the day, but I swapped it out for another car that the mechanic brought out to me. He made it about 500 feet down the road before it locked up completely and it had to be towed in.

"We are backed up, but we will fix it in about a week" is what I was told by our shop. Shortly later, two other P7s have the same problem, and the $3000 transmissions are replaced. My mechanic has the bright idea that he will "just clean the metal bits out of the valve body, and it will be fine". Attempted repair is a failure, because there are other "large metal chunks" that are found. No kidding, I and the other mechanic knew this August 28.

So my package car still sits out in the yard next to a wrecked one, I think the shop has forgot about it. Monday will start the sixth week it has been broken down. They did take the fuel filter off it to fix another car. I have asked my Center Manager and my supervisor to look in on it, but that seems to be too much trouble. I have been driving a '95 model since then. It has a high step to it and my knees and ankles have been killing me. I used to think we had a great automotive shop in the Forest Park Hub, I don't think so anymore.:dissapointed: