To all Chicago Drivers

Faceplanted

A fun fact about my time in the hood... I would dr stuff all the time, people could come up ask me for a package I would just give it to them. Barely ever had follow ups.

I was offered bar b q, soda, beer, weed ect u name it. If anybody had anything I could have they offered it.

I'm now in a fancy area, get follow ups all the time and people never offer me anything. So is how this world works

rod

Retired 22 years
A fun fact about my time in the hood... I would dr stuff all the time, people could come up ask me for a package I would just give it to them. Barely ever had follow ups.

I was offered bar b q, soda, beer, weed ect u name it. If anybody had anything I could have they offered it.

I'm now in a fancy area, get follow ups all the time and people never offer me anything. So is how this world works

Maybe the people in the fancy areas had to work hard for it and the others had it given to them one way or the other-- so to them there is no real value.

opey

Maybe the people in the fancy areas had to work hard for it and the others had it given to them one way or the other-- so to them there is no real value.
or maybe, its the complete opposite. the people in the poorer areas appreciate things more than the rich folk. i had a mobile installation service job prior to UPS, and the tips were much more frequent in the "poorer" areas than the richer ones.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
or maybe, its the complete opposite. the people in the poorer areas appreciate things more than the rich folk. i had a mobile installation service job prior to UPS, and the tips were much more frequent in the "poorer" areas than the richer ones.
There's a reason rich people are rich. Most notably, not spending more money than they have to on certain things.

opey

Like not tipping someone who already makes over 80 grand a year?
well, i wasnt talking about UPS and certainly wasnt making 80 grand a year at the other job. I was always more likely to get thrown a 20 spot from the construction worker who barely spoke english, than the guy/housewife with the 2 million dollar house on the water and the brand new mercedes I just worked on in their driveway.

clean hairy

Do Drivers deliver to Garfield Park neighborhood in the Chicago area?
I would guess any address there would be will call.
From what I hear, that is the worst!

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Here in Richmond we have a few dangerous parts, the most notorious being the iron triangle. I've only had to deliver there about 5 times in 4 years though and it wasn't really a big deal. I hear from the bid driver in that area that the only unsafe day is really Friday when there's a bunch of teens hanging on corners everywhere. Only instances I've seen of a driver involved in an incident was when one guys truck was hit with stray gunfire. Everyone was examining his truck after PCM the next morning. To our surprise he didn't even drop the route, just called it in and kept working. Another incident involved a driver who was making a delivery at a drug store and ended up walking in on a robbery in progress. The thieves forced the driver face down on the ground until they finished taking what they wanted and escaped. The driver was the one who had to untie the 2 employees in the store. He ended up going out on stress leave for 3 months after that.

Faceplanted

The "hood" actually still have values, one of the main ones is community. Everybody looks out for each other. There are bad apples, mostly the teenagers and crack/meth heads, most of who are not scene until 4-6pm when the cracked come out. I saw an og "leader" tell some kids to respect me and tell their friends to do the same, simply because I would bring his elderly fathers medication early in the day. That little favor went a long way.

Wealthy people live in their own little jail "their 4500 sq foot house", never really come out and expect things done done for them, while the hard worker "poor" person appreciates things done done for them

This is from my personal experience delivering to the worst and best areas in my city.

Overpaid Union Thug

The "hood" actually still have values, one of the main ones is community. Everybody looks out for each other. There are bad apples, mostly the teenagers and crack/meth heads, most of who are not scene until 4-6pm when the cracked come out. I saw an og "leader" tell some kids to respect me and tell their friends to do the same, simply because I would bring his elderly fathers medication early in the day. That little favor went a long way.

Wealthy people live in their own little jail "their 4500 sq foot house", never really come out and expect things done done for them, while the hard worker "poor" person appreciates things done done for them

This is from my personal experience delivering to the worst and best areas in my city.
If people that are habitual inhabitants in the hood actually had values they must likely wouldn't live there.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Here in Richmond we have a few dangerous parts, the most notorious being the iron triangle. I've only had to deliver there about 5 times in 4 years though and it wasn't really a big deal. I hear from the bid driver in that area that the only unsafe day is really Friday when there's a bunch of teens hanging on corners everywhere. Only instances I've seen of a driver involved in an incident was when one guys truck was hit with stray gunfire. Everyone was examining his truck after PCM the next morning. To our surprise he didn't even drop the route, just called it in and kept working. Another incident involved a driver who was making a delivery at a drug store and ended up walking in on a robbery in progress. The thieves forced the driver face down on the ground until they finished taking what they wanted and escaped. The driver was the one who had to untie the 2 employees in the store. He ended up going out on stress leave for 3 months after that.
Probably accused him of stealing time for untying the victims !

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
Ever notice the wealthy are either the nicest people or biggest pricks. Never in between and usually the spouses are opposites.

watdaflock?

Ironic that many folks voted for our prez thinking he would focus on minority problems. Seven years later, things are much worst in areas like Chicago, including race relationships. Complete and total fail on Obama's part. This is his liberal legacy.
mmmhmm and if Trump ever became POTUS, I'm sure race relationships would improve, amirite?

underworked1

Yup. Blew my mind when my first two years I had only been given a gift one time. In the :censored2:ing hood. Lady gives me two dollars because I put the packages in her porch. These people are dead broke. Couple bucks to them is tough to spare. The poor are way more generous.