To all the college football fans

packageguy

To all the college football fans out there,
do you think Fighting Irish belong in the # 1 spot, You think there 12 game schedule is fair to compare, with Alabama Some say Fighting Irish schedule was to easy. What do you think?

bumped

First, I think its BS that Notre Dame is in a conference in all of its other sports and an independent in football.

Notre Dame plays name schools, and sometimes those schools may not be very good that certain year. They played Michigan, Michigan St., Purdue, Miami, Oklahoma, Stanford, and USC this year.

I look at teams like Wisconsin that refuses to play anyone of note in a non conference schedule for almost 20 years.

That all being said, I think a stronger emphasis need to be on strength of schedule. Throw out the 2 worst strength of schedule games, and use the top 10 games for determination.

CharleyHustle

The Irish are undefeated. Nothing more needs to be said.

And yet......Wake Forest???? In November???

C'MAWN, MAN!

Actually, Wake Forest was a decent team when this game was scheduled. Games are made years in advance and ND has many traditional match-ups. USC was a top 5 preseason team, Stanford was top 5 last year, Michigan was 11-2 and won the Sugar Bowl, Mich St Played in the 1st Big10 Championship game and was #13 preseason, they beat Oklahoma at Norman when they were #6 in the nation. Maybe not the toughest teams, but certainly no cake-walk.

CharleyHustle

To all the college football fans out there,
do you think Fighting Irish belong in the # 1 spot, You think there 12 game schedule is fair to compare, with Alabama Some say Fighting Irish schedule was to easy. What do you think?

The way things are decided in collage foot ball they are and should be #1. Ask a NCAA head basketball coach how important the #1 ranking is, and they'll probably say not very, in football there is #1 and #2 then everybody else.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Had to travel to Boston a couple of weeks ago listened to Sirius sports the 5-6 hours in the car to and back . Boy are the SEC fans brainwashed !!!! I have been an ND fan since I was a little guy. Joe Theisman came to my high school to recruit my buddy an all South Jersey defensive end for the Irish . Baby brother graduated from South Bend. Putting that aside where do these people come from dismissing the Michagan's,Ohio State's, Stanfords, USC's,Nebraska's etc of college football.You would think that football was invented down there. What about the Pennsylvania Quaterbacks ? One guy even stated that the BCS championship should aways be 2 SEC teams and they should have a third place bowl for the rest of the country !

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Had to travel to Boston a couple of weeks ago listened to Sirius sports the 5-6 hours in the car to and back . Boy are the SEC fans brainwashed !!!! I have been an ND fan since I was a little guy. Joe Theisman came to my high school to recruit my buddy an all South Jersey defensive end for the Irish . Baby brother graduated from South Bend. Putting that aside where do these people come from dismissing the Michagan's,Ohio State's, Stanfords, USC's,Nebraska's etc of college football.You would think that football was invented down there. What about the Pennsylvania Quaterbacks ? One guy even stated that the BCS championship should aways be 2 SEC teams and they should have a third place bowl for the rest of the country !

Yep, it's pretty bad, you would think they were Yankee or Phillie fans.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Yep, it's pretty bad, you would think they were Yankee or Phillie fans.

Touche ! Point well taken maybe even a Bosox fan. Maybe we can have a gentleman's bet if Georgia wins this weekend. The thought that the self appointed High PooBa of College Football Nick Saban could win is unbearable. Go Bulldogs.
Ps Please do not group us with the Yankees, the Red Sox are ok ,but never ever New York.