To all those who want to vote YES on the proposed contract...

Dump and Run

I am going to vote yes. It doesn't seem all that bad to me. I don't really care about having 2 small raises a year instead of 1 big (.70) raise. Why does it really matter? the outcome is still the same. Also I like the chance to retire at an earlier age. I have a lifetime either way before I can retire, and I don't see me delivering pkgs at 65. By then I plan on having a screw off job asking you if want a cart or explaining why a staight claw hammer maybe better than a curved claw. It will never be perfect but is close enough for me.

parecasa

Im in CS and im voting no. Im a steward and our local sent all the stewards a copy of the proposal. I read through it, didnt take me long to realize we are being hoodwinked into voting because of CS and the deadline. I dont trust UPS in anything they do or say {way to many representations of employees} When they start telling us to vote for this and that they think it is a good one that is automatically a red flag to me. If this deal passes UPS will own everyone of us from now on.

Braveheart

Yes, so we should all just bend over and vote yes because UPS might lose some volume...I don't think so. I don't care about stock holders or volume, other people at UPS get paid handsomely to deal with those issues. UPS has been conditioning us for over a year now for this vote by telling us every single day about volume being down. This isn't a strike vote and I doubt it will make many headlines if it gets voted down. Anyone who reads this contract through and doesn't see more than a handful of red flags needs to get their eyes checked ASAP.

I will not change my no vote until there is serious heavy-duty language on subcontracting and excessive OJS/harassment/intimidation. The entire section about discipline via technology needs to be removed as well. We have already seen what UPS is capable of with technology in their hands, now it's going to become a valid form of harassment.
Great post!!!!!

1timepu

Yes, so we should all just bend over and vote yes because UPS might lose some volume...I don't think so. I don't care about stock holders or volume, other people at UPS get paid handsomely to deal with those issues. UPS has been conditioning us for over a year now for this vote by telling us every single day about volume being down. This isn't a strike vote and I doubt it will make many headlines if it gets voted down. Anyone who reads this contract through and doesn't see more than a handful of red flags needs to get their eyes checked ASAP.

I will not change my no vote until there is serious heavy-duty language on subcontracting and excessive OJS/harassment/intimidation. The entire section about discipline via technology needs to be removed as well. We have already seen what UPS is capable of with technology in their hands, now it's going to become a valid form of harassment.

Wow you sound just like the auto workers,,look where they are now, over 1/2 have been layed off, wow I am safe I have 20 years I wont get laid off

1timepu

And stop complaing about this Contract, instead of going after UPS look at your paycheck and see how much the Goverment is taking and goto www.fairtax.org, you wont be complaining any more

brazenbrown

Im in CS and im voting no. Im a steward and our local sent all the stewards a copy of the proposal. I read through it, didnt take me long to realize we are being hoodwinked into voting because of CS and the deadline. I dont trust UPS in anything they do or say {way to many representations of employees} When they start telling us to vote for this and that they think it is a good one that is automatically a red flag to me. If this deal passes UPS will own everyone of us from now on.
Excuse me but our own union, not just the company has agreed to this contract Mr. Hoodwinked.

Since your a steward perhaps you should do a little more checking up on it and then get back to us!!:thumbup1:

Griff

Wow you sound just like the auto workers,,look where they are now, over 1/2 have been layed off, wow I am safe I have 20 years I wont get laid off

Gee, aren't you a smart one? Dragging the Auto workers union into this because I'm unhappy about contract language that allows UPS to screw Teamsters at every turn. The same handful of people spit the same management rhetoric on here when it comes to the contract. Stop comparing us to the Auto workers, you aren't scaring anyone and it's just plain idiotic to begin with.

brazenbrown

Well, then you can remain the frustated employee that you are...Nobody can change that.

If a little ride from a sup scares you then you're in the wrong business. Follow the methods and if you're being harrassed then file a grievance.

Simply put you seem to require the union to hold on to your job while the rest of just do ours...:thumbup1:

H

hoff3378

VOTE NO

{pasting the same thing multiple times in several threads is spam - url and account deleted}

Griff

Well, then you can remain the frustated employee that you are...Nobody can change that.

If a little ride from a sup scares you then you're in the wrong business. Follow the methods and if you're being harrassed then file a grievance.

Simply put you seem to require the union to hold on to your job while the rest of just do ours...:thumbup1:

I could of scripted your response. Please get out of the union, I hold people like you personally responsible for its current state. I don't get rides, but I know plenty of TEAMSTERS who do. This is what the union is all about tiny man, it's about looking out for your peers. I watch management blatantly harass people who are over 40 here, with excessive OJS and it needs to stop. Stop assuming things about me, you have no idea what you're talking about guy. Simply put you could stand to be knocked off that pedestal you're posing on so much.

Braveheart

Does UPS really want another strike and have FedEx as well as DHL steal more customers?

If the contract is not signed in January Fed Ex may start the wheels turning and then you will see UPS shipmenst start to drop.

When June comes around and there is no contract Fed Ex will start approaching UPS customers and reminding them about the last strike. UPS stock prices will start to get shakey as the strike date draws near and customes start shiping with alternate companies.

I think UPS will give more because they stand to loose a lot more if this contract is not resolved by the end of spring...

Eskew is bailing out at a good time...
Great points!!! UPS and their stockholders will push for a quick settlement. And since what many of us want are NON-MONETARY contract changes, it could very well be fixed in less than 30 days and voted yes!! Yes some of the changes that we want do involve money like 1 raise per year, but lets just split the difference and make it a flat .50 cent raise each year for 5 years on August 1st!! Yes, we do want pay penalties added for ART 48 bumping violations, excessive OJS rides and junior drivers worked out of seniority order! But we will make some trade offs in addition to the smaller flat raises!!!! So the triple time goes back to double time for 9.5s, the 2 hour pay penalty at straight rate for 8 hour violations goes to 1 hour at OT, and the sups working double time pay penalty will go back to the regular OT pay penalty.

PROPOSED RAISES NEW RAISES DIFFERENCE MOVED TO UPS/PENSION

.70 per hour .50 per hour .20 per hour
.75 per hour .50 per hour .25 per hour
.85 per hour .50 per hour .35 per hour
.90 per hour .50 per hour .45 per hour

UPS WILL BE SAVING MILLIONS IN OVERTIME ALONE BY THESE NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!

Griff

Great points!!! UPS and their stockholders will push for a quick settlement. And since what many of us want are NON-MONETARY contract changes, it could very well be fixed in less than 30 days and voted yes!! Yes some of the changes that we want do involve money like 1 raise per year, but lets just split the difference and make it a flat .50 cent raise each year for 5 years on August 1st!! Yes, we do want pay penalties added for ART 48 bumping violations, excessive OJS rides and junior drivers worked out of seniority order! But we will make some trade offs in addition to the smaller flat raises!!!! So the triple time goes back to double time for 9.5s, the 2 hour pay penalty at straight rate for 8 hour violations goes to 1 hour at OT, and the sups working double time pay penalty will go back to the regular OT pay penalty.

PROPOSED RAISES NEW RAISES DIFFERENCE MOVED TO UPS/PENSION

.70 per hour .50 per hour .20 per hour
.85 per hour .50 per hour .35 per hour
.90 per hour .50 per hour .45 per hour

UPS WILL BE SAVING MILLIONS IN OVERTIME ALONE BY THESE NUMBERS!!!!!!!!!

"OMGGGGGG ANOTHER DISGRUNTLED EMPLOYEE WHO CAN'T DO HIS JOB AS GOOD AS ME, LOLS!!!1" - BRAZENBROWNNOSER

brazenbrown

I could of scripted your response. Please get out of the union, I hold people like you personally responsible for its current state.

Would that be the "I don't want to work to hard" state...I pay my dues and don't plan on getting out anytime soon. Script that!!:tongue_sm

I don't get rides, but I know plenty of TEAMSTERS who do. This is what the union is all about tiny man, it's about looking out for your peers.

You mean the drivers who spend too much time on their cell phones not coding it out to break time or the drivers who don't even know how to even get out of the frickin package car...Or perhaps it's the drivers who are afraid of GPS cause they're rackin up extra miles..Hummmm...

You know what Mr. shifty eyes (avatar) I look out for my peers all the time and they look out for me but it's not because we're hiding anything..It's because we take care of each other when in a bind...:mad:

I watch management blatantly harass people who are over 40 here, with excessive OJS and it needs to stop. Stop assuming things about me, you have no idea what you're talking about guy. Simply put you could stand to be knocked off that pedestal you're posing on so much.

I'm sorry but I do detect a bit of defensiveness... If you're over 40 and can't handle the job perhaps it's time to go. I'm over 40 and don't have that problem but then I don't try and cheat the system and then have to rely on the union to get my job back....:thumbup1:

Griff

Would that be the "I don't want to work to hard" state...I pay my dues and don't plan on getting out anytime soon. Script that!!:tongue_sm

You mean the drivers who spend too much time on their cell phones not coding it out to break time or the drivers who don't even know how to even get out of the frickin package car...Or perhaps it's the drivers who are afraid of GPS cause they're rackin up extra miles..Hummmm...

You know what Mr. shifty eyes (avatar) I look out for my peers all the time and they look out for me but it's not because we're hiding anything..It's because we take care of each other when in a bind...:mad:

I'm sorry but I do detect a bit of defensiveness... If you're over 40 and can't handle the job perhaps it's time to go. I'm over 40 and don't have that problem but then I don't try and cheat the system and then have to rely on the union to get my job back....:thumbup1:

The only thing you detect is someone who doesn't like you. I'm not even remotely close to 40 years old, so I have no idea what you're talking about. I know your kind, your the guy who talks big and tells others to file but don't have the spine to file yourself. Keep being afraid to make waves, keep being anti-union, keep brown-nosing, your day is coming.

Braveheart

I am going to vote yes. It doesn't seem all that bad to me. I don't really care about having 2 small raises a year instead of 1 big (.70) raise. Why does it really matter? the outcome is still the same. Also I like the chance to retire at an earlier age. I have a lifetime either way before I can retire, and I don't see me delivering pkgs at 65. By then I plan on having a screw off job asking you if want a cart or explaining why a staight claw hammer maybe better than a curved claw. It will never be perfect but is close enough for me.
The split raises are not the same. .70 x 40hours = $28 per week x 52 weeks =$1456

Half raise now for 6 months .35 x 40hours = $14 per week x 26 weeks = $364
Plus other half for last 6 months .70 x 40hours = $28 per week x 26 weeks = $728

ONE RAISE = $1456
SPLIT RAISES = $1092

TOTAL SAVINGS/ADDITIONAL PROFIT IN UPS POCKET = $364 PER DRIVER x 100,000 plus drivers = $36 million PLUS THE EXTRA SAVINGS FROM OVERTIME TOO!!!!!!!!

This is just for the 1st year of contract alone and does not include the OT savings.