To all those who want to vote YES on the proposed contract...

Damok

...There is no way this should even go to vote, there is absolutely nothing worth a yes vote on this contract.

The only thing this tells me is you haven't read the contract very closely. to say there is absolutely nothing worth a yes vote seems a bit... uninformed imo.

diesel96

Hey, I'm proud to be a Teamster, I support Union jobs, but I'm also proud to work for UPS. We get alot of respect from the general population. But don't for a moment think OUR UNION is squeaky clean and always looking out for you. I don't think alot of you guys were even born or were in diapers when our leadership loaned part of our CS Pension fund to some shady characters that make the Soprano's look like the Walton's. Yes, there trying to clean up their image, and I think we all apprieciate the past contracts wev'e won, but when someone disagree's with the union with one issue and supports UPS on another issue does'nt give's others the right to call one anti-union/scab and mngmt brownoser. Help me understand, all these anti-ups pro union guys who talk down to "vote yes" crowd or UPS sympathizers are not backing our beloved Union's endorsement. So my only conclusion must be, some of you must be both anti-UPS and anti-Union, and furthermore anti-anyone who disagree's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoff3378
This contract offer is terrible. Get a new pair of glasses

Brazenbrown said:
Could you please be more specific so we could take you seriously!!:wink:

Why would someone name themself after Hoffa and dis the Union in the same sentence ?:confused:1....

FromBluetoBrown

I personally don't understand why we are fighting each other. We are all brothers (and sisters) here. Instead of squabbling with each other over petty stuff we should unite and focus all our negative energy elsewhere. I mean isn't that what management wants? Drivers fighting Drivers, Union against Non-Union. I hate to bring up cliches but isn't the old saying "Together we Stand, divided we fall"

I work in metro New York my local is 804 and they are sell outs just like hoffa.What a sweetheart deal for big brown.Jr hoffa is really showing us his true colors.ONCE A CORPERATE LAWYER,ALWAYS A COPERATE LAWYER!this contract is bs and we need to stand united.For together we stand devided we fall.Ttheyy tell us in New york that if we vote no than the 18 million for our pension is off the table.It should be 90 million,lets send a message to this executive board THEY WORK FOR US.DONT SELL US OUT

TREVEHON

The biggest issue I have is in regard to the pension set up for the multiemployer set. If a company no longer exists. the acct for their pension that was established should have been used up or been separated in which tt the fund shoul have been perpetual therefore be used until it has expired or become self sufficient. Why should we continue to take our hard earned monies to support something that does not exist. This happens in corporate america everyday companies get bought and sold. companies go under, it is unfortunate, but , that is the way it is. I should not have to support someone that not affiliated with the company to begin with let alone a company that has closed years ago and then some. Union sold us out. Now here's the real questions that come to mind:

what about the memo about the healthfund - it states in event that monies are needed to support it for our health -that .35 raise is to be allocated for that instead . So does that mean no raise in 2008?

in regards to our "raise structure" why .35 in 2008 (if union does not get it 1st for the health fund) and the rest in 2009(feb)?

More importantly if this 6 billion "buy out" is to aid a defunked fund what happens in 2013 will we still contribute to bail it out ? I do not believe that is going to the last we hear about this.

No offense to the central states but if this is a master agreement regard to the pension and other issues it should be fair across the board nationwide - yes we are brothers and sister who should look out for each other I agree , however, we should all look to benefit as a whole. this is part of our a financial future at steak.

I feel there is more than meets the eye.

Liberty Bear

New but not Naive
The Teamsters would have us all believe we're they're "brothers," so consider the following analogy...

Someone hands an apple pie to three brothers, saying "It's a gift. Enjoy it!"

Obviously, one would expect the brothers to divide it equally. But suppose on brother pulls out a knife and stabs another brother in the back, then splits the pie in half with his remaining brother.

That's what this contract is about. New hires will be earning $8.50 in the year 2013!

There are many other things about the contract that bother me, and I'm damn tired of being threatened...

"If you don't vote YES, the next contract will be even worse!" (What a colleague told me the Teamsters told her.)

"If you don't vote YES, UPS is going to do a hatchet job on our pensions!" (What another colleague claims UPS said.)

Frankly, I think the almighty pension has become the tail wagging the dog. I can understand why people who are a few years from retirement might want to just lay low and survive until then, but for those of us with 20-30 years to go, it's a different story.

With the almost unbelievable corruption afflicting Corporate America and the fragility of our economy after two terms under George AWOL Bush, how do we there will be any pension for us just five years down the road, let alone two decades?

A colleague told me to vote YES because the mosts important factor medical benefits. I said baloney, the most important thing is having a roof over my head, and I can't pay the rent with promises. I need more substance.

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
I've got less than 7 years till retirement. This contract has alot of problems, too many concessions, not enough improvement. And all the threats about how we should vote yes or all kinds of bad things are going to happen. That should make the hair stand up on your neck and serve as a RED Flag that something wrong is about to happen. Our union and UPS are too closely aligned on this contract for me to believe it benefits us. VOTE NO-send them back to the bargaining table! There's BIG problems in local 705 with UPS not adhering to contract language. and Our teamster brothers are fighting the good fight just for what's fair and things that have already been agreed upon in the last contract. And this new proposed contract is more vague and absract than the last one . And our union is having a hell of a time just to get UPS to do what they had previously signed and agreed to. I had a brother tell me that he has not been granted a 8hr in over 2 years. This proposed contract will make it worse. Get the word out-" We've got trouble right here in river city- with a capital T":mad:

Steward773

There are good points and bad points in this proposal, unfortunately more bad points (especially on the major issues). I don't think it's fair to have the whole country vote on the central states issue. And while I'm on that topic ... $6.1 bil to withdrawl, ok how is the company going to make that money back. Easy, split the raise. They will save approx. 47 mil a year. And now memorendum #1, they can take up to .35 of my GWI per year and reallocate it into my pension. One of the recomendations of the pension reform act is to place more funds into the pension to eventually put that fund in the green zone(80%funded). I don't know about the rest of them, but my plan is not close to 80% funded. So the way I look at it I have to pay for the withdrawl for central states, and to fund my own pension. NOT ! And on top of that, they don't even match my 401k:mad:. Ok, I'm done.....I need a drink:)

If some of you guys would actually goto the union meetings and watch the videos that expolain the contract in detail maybe som eof the information being passed around wouldnt be so missinformed. To those that say the part of their CS pension will not be helped are WRONG. The UPS plan will pay the full 30 and out $3,000 a year even if you have 29 years in CS and 1 in the new plan. At age 65 you will then get a check from both CS and UPS and the UPS portion will make up the difference that the CS plan does not in order to get the $3,000. And the important part he is that if the CS portion is reduced for any reason THE UPS PLAN WILL MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE!

Liberty Bear

New but not Naive
If some of you guys would actually goto the union meetings and watch the videos that expolain the contract in detail maybe som eof the information being passed around wouldnt be so missinformed.

WHAT union meetings? I attended a meeting a week or two ago where they unveiled their new contract. There were no videos. I was hoping they'd announce a second meeting where we could ask more questions and engage in a debate. I'm still waiting.

silverfox

Your's..It's based out of TDU central!!:w00t:

I don't know about you but I'm a driver with a little common sense and not intimidated by your tactics.

If you want to go to battle then put on the gloves of information and just try and come up with some valid information rather than your less-than informative type of TDU inspired B.S.....

Otherwise I'll know you are the propagandist sent from hither and dither..

Good luck!:cool:

no tdu here, i'm a retired person. i just don't understand all the sucking up. if you have an opinion you get bashed. i see you getting on new members, you been here since feb so your a pro !

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If some of you guys would actually goto the union meetings and watch the videos that expolain the contract in detail maybe som eof the information being passed around wouldnt be so missinformed. To those that say the part of their CS pension will not be helped are WRONG. The UPS plan will pay the full 30 and out $3,000 a year even if you have 29 years in CS and 1 in the new plan. At age 65 you will then get a check from both CS and UPS and the UPS portion will make up the difference that the CS plan does not in order to get the $3,000. And the important part he is that if the CS portion is reduced for any reason THE UPS PLAN WILL MAKE UP THE DIFFERENCE!

so If you start driving at 21 and work 30 years, which makes you 51...you would have to work another 14 years to get 100% retirement thus bring your total years to 44 years. Do you get additional pention money for each of the "extra" 14 years or is it 3000 dollars. For someone starting with the company now, 3000 dollars in 30 years will be absolutely nothing.In the western conference its 30 and out at any age if I remember right, please correct me if Im wrong.

govols019

You smell that?
If you think a "no" vote will not lose us volume, then you need to get someone else to do your thinking for you. Our shippers couldn't care less about your pay, retirement or anything else. They want to know their pkgs will get to their customers. If we give them a reason to think we can't do it they are gone. This is a new environment and I am glad the negotiators recognise the situation. Don't cut off your own nose.....

So, your answer is to vote Yes on any contract offered no matter how glaring the deficiencies?

Liberty Bear

New but not Naive
When someone disagree's with the union with one issue and supports UPS on another issue does'nt give's others the right to call one anti-union/scab and mngmt brownoser.

Amen. There are two extremes here: People who really are anti-union, scabs or brown-nosers and union wh*res. The latter remind me of right-wingers who support war - any war, against any country - regardless of whether it's justified or not. Any dissent is labeled unpatriotic, un-American, even treasonous.

Likewise, union wh*res get defensive any time someone criticizes a union, no matter how corrupt it might be. Teachers are notorious union wh*res. I had my fill of them when I worked in public education. Of course, the Teamsters are also famous for their legions of trained lemmings.

so If you start driving at 21 and work 30 years, which makes you 51...you would have to work another 14 years to get 100% retirement thus bring your total years to 44 years. Do you get additional pention money for each of the "extra" 14 years or is it 3000 dollars. For someone starting with the company now, 3000 dollars in 30 years will be absolutely nothing.In the western conference its 30 and out at any age if I remember right, please correct me if Im wrong.

The Western Conference is 80 and out at any age. Years with company plus age must equal 80. For me, that will be 34 years.

You are wrong. 30 and out at any age, means any age. You can retire at 51 and get your $3000. At age 65 you will no longer get 100% from UPS. At that point, you will begin drawing two checks. One from Central States for the amount you've earned and one from UPS to make up the difference and get you to $3000.

1timepu

Gee, aren't you a smart one? Dragging the Auto workers union into this because I'm unhappy about contract language that allows UPS to screw Teamsters at every turn. The same handful of people spit the same management rhetoric on here when it comes to the contract. Stop comparing us to the Auto workers, you aren't scaring anyone and it's just plain idiotic to begin with.

If you want more than goto college, this is where I compare us to the Auto Workers. $32 to leave a box at a door, or drive a Tractor Trailer is ridiculous! I am more than happy with the raise! When does it get to expensive for UPS to keep the Domestic Package Division? Ask yur center management, or your human resources manager, and asked them how much of a profit they make on 1 ground package? Air package is more profitable. after you find out the answer ask yourself how much longer we will be with UPS.