To Drivers-Where do I learn to drive a manual before road test?!!

browner89

Road test can be automatic but when they send them guys to integrad they better be able to drive a stick.

You can get a waiver if your home center is under a certain % of manuals left in the fleet. I believe if it's 95% automatic you can do the school testing on an auto.

browner89

The skull is the splitter, far left is high/low 10 low then 10 high, 11low 11high etc and the middle is the shifter.

It's actually legal to drive a vehicle that requires taking both hands of off the wheel in the US? Or is that just his method of shifting taking both hands off, I've never seen a dual stick before so no idea how it works.

oldngray

nowhere special
2 left feet.png

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If I asked the sup would they teach me before test you think?
Doesn't hurt to ask. That is how I learned to drive one.
All i am going to say is, not directing it to anyone in particular, but if a guy cant drive a stick, THATS JUST PATHETIC. I put that 1 in the same category as a dude who cant catch a baseball, shoot a basketball or throw a football. KILLING THE MANHOOD MAN lmfao.
Only 4% of new cars sold last year were manual transmission. It's not pathetic, it's just not common anymore.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Buy yourself a stick shift .
As some mechanics have told me having a manual equipped vehicle is the BEST anti-car thief device around .

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It's actually not that unusual nowadays. Anyone 30 or younger probably hasn't had to drive a stick. Personally I think it is unsafe as :censored2:. They want all our attention on driving and 2 hands on the wheel. There is no reason ups shouldn't be 100% automatics. Except they are greedy tightwads. If their main focus was safety we would all be driving autos
Edit: basketball and football is a sign of city boy manhood. Around here being able to gut and skin a deer or any other animal, whilst chewing a dip is real manhood.
Same here dude, ill throw a fat lipper in any day of the week. Used to do alot of hunting with my buddy and his dad when i was younger, not so much any more, just got out of it it with this job working all the time. Basketball and football aint got nothing to do with City Manhood, i live in the country-beach area. Was just always into sports, along with some hunting fishing and surfing or skim boarding lol.