To go, or not to go.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
From PC to feeder. I have the option. Having 2 young kids is deterring me. I'm not top rate yet so that is enticing me. I'm aware none of you give any SH**ts about this but maybe someone could shed some light. Thx

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
From PC to feeder. I have the option. Having 2 young kids is deterring me. I'm not top rate yet so that is enticing me. I'm aware none of you give any SH**ts about this but maybe someone could shed some light. Thx
You'll be under less stress and will probably see your kids more than now !! Good luck

Box Ox

e6fea896cac0c47d842509af713c5f34720dd73f414f56d144ea6037d8a4464a.jpg

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Go and don't ever look back. If for some odd reason down the road you miss being harassed and overdispatched you can always bid back to package.

Box Ox

I've been considering it much harder lately. Especially with the implementation of Orion and the BS that goes with it.

That's a big reason why air drivers stay air drivers, part timers stay inside and temp drivers don't temp again at my center. It's just been one thing after another that management is told they have to jump on or else. The money doesn't matter as much if you'd rather just live and work in peace.

You guys who are at locations with feeder bids are super lucky to have that option. I'd go for it in a second.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Our main feeder guy worked Sunday night thru Friday morning and was off early enough to take his kids to school and pick them up each day. Whatever the cons are are far outweighed by the pros. If you hate it, bid a PC route later on.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Yes go. There is no reason not to. Stop making excuses and take the easier job.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Try it. You can always go back within a certain time frame if it doesn't work out. Most don't come back. The few that did was due to timing issues within the family.

One thing for sure, be ready to eat diet size portions or else you will blimp out.

FeeDerp

I have 2 young kids and another on the way.

The days I work banker hours are the days i never see my kids. Usually any other shift I can get the hours I need and see the kids quite a bit as well

Do it now and by the time your kids are doing sports or whatever after school, you might have the seniority to hold a job that lers you be there for each event

UPS4Life

I've been considering it much harder lately. Especially with the implementation of Orion and the BS that goes with it.
You should probably stay in PC, I can't afford to drop anymore spots -_- As for the op I was never in package but there are many drivers who say they get to see their loved ones more being in feeders. You'll more than likely be running nights instead of days. Or even a second shift 2/4pm- 1/3am just a rough idea.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Most new feeder drivers end up working nights.

Are you OK leaving your spouse and kids home alone at night?

Are you willing to miss after school activities and football, baseball games in the evening?

Can you adjust to sleeping days and working nights?

Will you be able to sleep during the day, especially during the summer when your kids are out of school playing and making noise?

Can you sleep through neighbors cutting lawns and tree trimmers working next to your house?

If you think you can do the above, there will be less stress and you will probably see your kids more, just at different times.

Most feeder drivers have a very understanding spouse, or are divorced due to the hours.

You need to ask your spouse these same questions and make sure he/she is on board.

Indecisi0n

Odd we have had multi drivers go PC to feeders and all return back to PC. The hours seem to be worse for seeing their kids/wife. Guess shifts are different at each center.