To old to start driving?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
not really just stating facts you must work at a decent center thats not totally out of control. let me guess your one of them clowns that dont touch a package until you get on the road. that tells me 1 of 2 things you have a good loader or u just do the job the ghetto way like the rest of the idiots i see in the morning with poor work ethics. i dont see how you can run a route n not touch a package. in our center if you dont do that with the super idiot dispatch and super idiot load your screwed, way over 9.5 every night. if you have a good center more props to you brother. if you like 12 hour days everyday good for you i know i dont. trust me if you lived 45 min from alcatraz you would feel me

Huh, I guess I've just been an idiot clown with poor work ethics doing the job the ghetto way for the last 34 1/2 years!

Damn, UPS is probably glad to be rid of me.:angry:

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
everybody has a different work ethic thats all nothing wrong wit it. you do what works for ya. some people are ocd n some arent.

Johney

Jumpman are you saying you go in early and fix your load off the clock? If so what if you get hurt? Although it's not likely but what if? I hope you don't think UPS will cover your injury? They aren't obligated too and won't.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
everybody has a different work ethic thats all nothing wrong wit it. you do what works for ya. some people are ocd n some arent.

You should really go back and 'unlike' my post, because I was in no way agreeing with you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
thats what works for me. lil ocd. if i get hurt worst case scenario ill just use the 3 aflac policies that i have and 3 other smart drivers that have it also. meanwhile the the other 76 knuckleheads that r too cheap and not smart enuff to get it will just have to learn the hard way. ive been telling these cats too look into the aflac u never know what can and will happen in life.

Johney

I guess if that works for you. Here if you are working off the clock someone with more seniority will go to management and tell them they are filing because you are working and they have more seniority and want the work. So as to not have to pay someone they make them(people working off the clock)stop doing it. Not many people here do it anyways so it really isn't a big issue maybe a few guys will set their air up before start time that's about it.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
cant bump me got a bidded route. and alot of guys at my hub do it because the dispatch and dol are so freaked up. and they got different loaders loading your truck all the time and lets be real the loaders aint trained right. im telling u guys if u saw how misran dis center is you would just be like are you serious. i hope there are some centers out there that you guys work at that are decently ran,not my neck of the woods its absolutely horrible dude unreal. different dispatch every.every single day. alot of guys pissed off every day. its kinda funny really you just have to not take this place serious cause its such a joke. i come in do my thing dont complain and keep my mouth shut n just run it and itll be what itll be.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
cant bump me got a bidded route. and alot of guys at my hub do it because the dispatch and dol are so freaked up. and they got different loaders loading your truck all the time and lets be real the loaders aint trained right. im telling u guys if u saw how misran dis center is you would just be like are you serious. i hope there are some centers out there that you guys work at that are decently ran,not my neck of the woods its absolutely horrible dude unreal. different dispatch every.every single day. alot of guys pissed off every day. its kinda funny really you just have to not take this place serious cause its such a joke. i come in do my thing dont complain and keep my mouth shut n just run it and itll be what itll be.

Why would the boss train preloaders when drivers are dumb enough to come in early and work for free and then complain about how long their day is? The dispatch and DOL are screwy in every Center. You are helping them getaway with not fixing it. Giver Hell!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
i dont complain about a long day, my days over as soon as my feet hit the floor and i get out of the bed thats the reality dogg. im all about the ching ching nothing less nothing more. job still blows though lol

I dont think it's too old...I just started and I'm 39...I;m in pretty decent shape tho...Always have been an athlete...some nights I am a little sore...But the job is stressful...And I guess at the present time...I would be considered the "Centers Bitch"...I'm cool with that...I like money...But I think we should change the name from "center bitch" to "executive assistant to all drivers":fingerscrossed:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i dont complain about a long day, my days over as soon as my feet hit the floor and i get out of the bed thats the reality dogg. im all about the ching ching nothing less nothing more. job still blows though lol

I'm assuming Ching Ching is money? If so I don't get the logic in working for free.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
nowadays the perfect age is to start driving is at 35 or 40 that way you know you can probably make it to 55. if you start at 21 or 25 no way in hell you make it to 55. im always told by retired guys 20 is the magic number for a decent pension

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
i get my time back slaveman between stops trust me. been doing dis job long enuff i no how the game works. i get my stuff organized so im not struggling all day and bulljive between stops before i stop complete at business. their not physically there at them stops they dont know how long it takes at every single business or sig req.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
i get my time back slaveman between stops trust me. been doing dis job long enuff i no how the game works. i get my stuff organized so im not struggling all day and bulljive between stops before i stop complete at business. their not physically there at them stops they dont know how long it takes at every single business or sig req.

With telematics they are there though. They see every thing. U just admitted to stealing time on an open forum. I would probably stop that now if I were you.

Also I'm not trying to be an ass but if you capatalize the first word in every sentence and throw in a pararagraph every now and then it makes it much easier for people to read.

​If I'm correcting your grammar or spelling its bad I promise you.

browniehound

Brownie you make some good points, but what if I don't need or want to work 10 to 12 hours a day? What if I make plenty of money working just 8 hours? This company gives you no choice(except two days a month). Why not give the guys like you all the overtime you want and guys like me who don't want it go home after 8? Just a thought.

Well then you make a good point Johney. I wasn't complaining about you, I was complaining about the people who work 8 hours a day at a menial job and then bit-- that they don't have enough money. As for you, if you can get by on 40 hours a week, why not take a 22.3 job or one of those top rate pre-load jobs that are full rate and a straight 8 hours? You know going in that driving for UPS is not a 40 an hour/week job. That being said, the dispatch could be distributed better and it would not be difficult. Give the guys that want the OT more work and give the guys who don't about 8.5 hours of work.

But I can hear it now: well we give him 8.5 hours and he does it in 10. Or we give the other guy 10.5 and he calls in that he is going over 12. UPS and I differ in opinion on what 8 hours of work should be and I don't have a performance issue with them. According to them, not me, lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Technically im not really stealing time. Im just getting my time back for having to reload my truck because nobody can do anything right up in there. Its like everyday its babysitting in there. Poor excuse for work ethic in there. I run circles around people and make em look bad. Them idiots cant hold me.

Johney

Well then you make a good point Johney. I wasn't complaining about you, I was complaining about the people who work 8 hours a day at a menial job and then bit-- that they don't have enough money. As for you, if you can get by on 40 hours a week, why not take a 22.3 job or one of those top rate pre-load jobs that are full rate and a straight 8 hours? You know going in that driving for UPS is not a 40 an hour/week job. That being said, the dispatch could be distributed better and it would not be difficult. Give the guys that want the OT more work and give the guys who don't about 8.5 hours of work.

But I can hear it now: well we give him 8.5 hours and he does it in 10. Or we give the other guy 10.5 and he calls in that he is going over 12. UPS and I differ in opinion on what 8 hours of work should be and I don't have a performance issue with them. According to them, not me, lol.
I know you weren't Brownie. I'd love to have a 22.3 job they aren't available where I'm at.

Johney

Technically im not really stealing time. Im just getting my time back for having to reload my truck because nobody can do anything right up in there. Its like everyday its babysitting in there. Poor excuse for work ethic in there. I run circles around people and make em look bad. Them idiots cant hold me.
I know you don't think you're stealing time and in the real world you're not, but in UPS's eye's you are stealing time. If you think that because you come in a hour early to massage your load and think that time is owed to you, your mistaken. Get a OJS ride and think it's ok to B.S. and not expect your on-road to ding you for wasting time?