To the ISPs

It will be fine

Not just mine, its the whole damn hub, there is enough oil on the floor sometimes to make Isis want to fight for it. First of all, you don't do maintenance on a van or truck with half a million miles on it, you get rid of it. Problem is when FedEx made new rules for new contractors on what their trucks have to have on them, they grandfathered most of the old timers and told them they could continue to run that pos. No brakes, fumes coming in the cab, afraid to turn on the wipers for fear the blade will fly off into the other lane, turn signal is your hand, horn broken watch for finger, no air, no heat, holes in the cargo area big enough to lose smalls, exhaust sounds like open headers, leaks enough antifreeze in 30 seconds to kill a large dog, no defrost, and yet management says your tires look good man, have a safe day.
It's called a DVIR. At the end if the day the scanner asks you if there are any safety defects on the vehicle you drove. You hit the button that says yes and list the defects. They need to be addressed before the truck rolls again. This is not hard to understand.

TeamLift

It's called a DVIR. At the end if the day the scanner asks you if there are any safety defects on the vehicle you drove. You hit the button that says yes and list the defects. They need to be addressed before the truck rolls again. This is not hard to understand.

You are told by contractors never list a problem on the scanner, if there is a problem you tell me about it and I will decide if and when it needs to be corrected . So if you list them you will undoubtedly be put in a truck that's even worse. Not as cut and dried as you would like us to think. Contractors are always skimming on fixing anything, I mean cmon, some of these P700's were bought for only 3000, you think a contractor that is that friggin cheap to begin with is going to pay 900.00 to have something repaired ? Some of these idiots drove across 4 states to buy that pos, some had to be towed part way home just to get there. Grandfather taught me something years ago, why buy used when new will do. When the truck you just bought already has 350000 miles on it, it's junk and shouldn't even be allowed in the building. Surprised X doesn't care more about their image.

Bounty

I know you and Bbsam do everything by the book and treat your employees great but you are few and far between. I think 20% of the trucks In my terminal would pass a real dot inspection. That's only because they were just bought. The scam will collapse!

It will be fine

You are told by contractors never list a problem on the scanner, if there is a problem you tell me about it and I will decide if and when it needs to be corrected . So if you list them you will undoubtedly be put in a truck that's even worse. Not as cut and dried as you would like us to think. Contractors are always skimming on fixing anything, I mean cmon, some of these P700's were bought for only 3000, you think a contractor that is that friggin cheap to begin with is going to pay 900.00 to have something repaired ? Some of these idiots drove across 4 states to buy that pos, some had to be towed part way home just to get there. Grandfather taught me something years ago, why buy used when new will do. When the truck you just bought already has 350000 miles on it, it's junk and shouldn't even be allowed in the building. Surprised X doesn't care more about their image.
Your contractor is an idiot then. The only problem I have with using the DVIR is if the driver doesn't let me know so I can make arrangements. Using it shows a history of actually performing post trip inspections and identifying issues. Id rather have a problem fixed overnight than have a truck break down midday.
My favorite truck is one I bought for $2500. It's old enough to drink. I'm also the only one who's allowed to drive it. It's there to store extra parts and fluids and collect brand imaging.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

No, not hard to understand at all. The scanner doesn't force Boris to replace the worn out tires or bad brakes. It all cost Boris big dollars. Boris NO DO!

FedGT

Boris has deemed this verhicle as road worthy.

Oh it is rough to be us. We get no training, old trucks, hard to compete I mean you guys new trucks, courier school, better than you attitude and eh ........... Oh no......NO!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!

image.jpg

Yeah, you guys aren't any better. Guess what, someone else can use the google too and there are just as many red and purple.