To the yes voters.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Wrong Stink. I've been watching this forum for quite some time and you and 407 Steward remind me of people that want to get a job at their locals as BAs. There's plenty of you guys out here in the West doing the same and have lost much credibility as stewards in their centers for looking out for their own interests, no different than a SCAB. As a matter of fact one of the stewards that was interviewed for the BA spot out here now says he's happy that he didn't get the job, because he honestly would have gotten fired for not supporting this pitiful garbage. Two weeks ago we were exposed to the lies of Andy M and he had nothing good to say about us losing our superior health insurance in exchange for that garbage Central States C-6 that will be referred to as TEAMcare if there's more morons that vote in favor of this TA.

But I'm keeping the faith alive that the West, Local 177 and powerful Local 89 that we will be the game changers in the battle to defeat this TA!

None of you in the so called west cared that I have a union healthcare plan and a smaller pension then you all these years. Now suddenly you might get a little less and now us brothers need to support you. Nice.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
None of you in the so called west cared that I have a union healthcare plan and a smaller pension then you all these years. Now suddenly you might get a little less and now us brothers need to support you. Nice.
Stink has been telling us that all you with Union health care plans actually liked it. If you like it, why should I care?
On the other hand, you don't seem to mind us in the west having our health care down graded. Do you?
About the pensions, there are how many pension plans? And I do not believe that the Western Conference has the best pension out of all of them. I saw a side by side comparison a few years back and it looked like we had about the 3rd best. So WTF are you bitching about?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This poster is the future of the brown cafe.

Actually, once the contract window is over, he will be gone.
He is here for one reason and has no other interest or interest in our community.

These types pop in on every contract.
The Mods even discussed a person like this ... we just did not have a name.
The actual person is irrelevant just the type.

Keep in mind, he is no worse than stink ... just different sides of the fence.

realbrown1

People shouldn't be bashed for voting yes. One of my better friends from work and the only other steward in our building is voting yes. We disagree but I don't hold his vote against him. In the end, I'm just glad when people vote. I wish all would vote but sadly only 100k or so will.
I have always disagreed with the concept of EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE or IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO(WHAT) YOU VOTE FOR, JUST VOTE.
These are killers of democracy.
First, people who do not take the time to know what the issues are--should not vote.
Second, look at how many people elected Obama (twice). It matters who you vote for.
Third, elections matter. They are all usually very important. Like this one is now. This is our future. Your buddy who voted YES is wrong. I don't care if he is your buddy or my buddy.
I have found some guys in my center who will be voting YES. They all seem to have 1 thing in common. These are guys who will not risk a possible chance of a strike. They will under no circumstance risk losing a paycheck.
Think of it like this--if our Teamster forefathers had felt like that, the teamsters would have never existed.

Last edited by a moderator:

UPS Preloader

Actually, once the contract window is over, he will be gone.
He is here for one reason and has no other interest or interest in our community.
I disagree with you Hoax, he's not going to go away. He's having to much fun with 407 and Stink.

Keep in mind, he is no worse than stink ...

So what your saying is that Stink is no better than Realbrown? That's funny!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Two things...1st, if you think UPS is going to keep their healthcare plan, you'll be disappointed. UPS wants out of the insurance business. I don't know why, but I suspect the ACA is the reason. 2nd, If you weren't around for the '97 strike don't throw out that people are cowards for not wanting to strike. If we go on strike this time, it's very possible UPS won't recover. We lost a lot of business in 97. FedEx wasn't ready for our volume in 97, they are better positioned for it now. It's a risk...I know. Some of you fellers don't seem to take this into consideration. I voted no, but I know full well this is the risk. Your main argument is UPS made $4 billion. It just doesn't seem to me that you consider a strike will put a lot of us on the street.

realbrown1

Two things...1st, if you think UPS is going to keep their healthcare plan, you'll be disappointed. UPS wants out of the insurance business. I don't know why, but I suspect the ACA is the reason. 2nd, If you weren't around for the '97 strike don't throw out that people are cowards for not wanting to strike. If we go on strike this time, it's very possible UPS won't recover. We lost a lot of business in 97. FedEx wasn't ready for our volume in 97, they are better positioned for it now. It's a risk...I know. Some of you fellers don't seem to take this into consideration. I voted no, but I know full well this is the risk. Your main argument is UPS made $4 billion. It just doesn't seem to me that you consider a strike will put a lot of us on the street.

I was there for the strike in 97. In my building we have people who will never vote no for fear of losing a paycheck. Not the type of guys who would back us if we ever had to walk again.
I know UPS healthcare is gone, no illusions there, but this new plan is unexceptable.

Ms.PacMan

Wow, you have a short memory. I believe everyone took one for the team last contract to bail us out of a Central States multiemployer pension plan. I can't imagine why people would want to oppose a Central States multiemployer health care plan? Especially one that can take raises and pension contributions and use them to shore it up if it becomes underfunded in the future. For all we know it's underfunded now.

Two things...1st, if you think UPS is going to keep their healthcare plan, you'll be disappointed. UPS wants out of the insurance business. I don't know why, but I suspect the ACA is the reason.
And the original offer by UPS for us to pay for the health care was just something concocted by UPS and the Teamsters to make their crappy plan more palatable? They didn't even have negotiations - worked out long before and once again we're sheep.

The teamsters aren't even improving their multiemployer plan - they are just making UPS pick up the extra for their own employees.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
If this gets voted down, all theYES voters should get the benefits of this garbage TA for being gutless cowards and kizz asses of Hoffa and Hall!!

All of us NO voters should have the privilege to sit back and laugh at these worthless cowards!

Welcome to Brown Cafe Mr. 18 Posts and maybe maybe know everything or maybe know nothing at all.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Wow, you have a short memory. I believe everyone took one for the team last contract to bail us out of a Central States multiemployer pension plan. I can't imagine why people would want to oppose a Central States multiemployer health care plan? Especially one that can take raises and pension contributions and use them to shore it up if it becomes underfunded in the future. For all we know it's underfunded now.

And the original offer by UPS for us to pay for the health care was just something concocted by UPS and the Teamsters to make their crappy plan more palatable? They didn't even have negotiations - worked out long before and once again we're sheep.

The teamsters aren't even improving their multiemployer plan - they are just making UPS pick up the extra for their own employees.
CS Health and Welfare has 13 months of savings right now. And yes, us paying for our healthcare was a tactic. And as it turns out, it was a better plan than the one we have now with deductibles. And is the plan really that crappy? I would wager the plan is better than 80% of the plans out there. It's not what it was, but our coverage has always changed, even under the employer plan.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I voted Yes and don't have to apologize about it !!
I'm not gonna beat my chest if its voted in , nor am I gonna cry that the sky is falling if its voted down.

One Vote , One Man , Two union testicles !!!!!!

d-rek357

Hoax and 407, do you guys think that a yes vote on the first offer is a good idea because this is a good contract or just the best offer we are going to get? I'm not a basher just respectfully disagree with you on this one...and by the way I have been on this site a while.