To those who attended their contract meeting

kingOFchester

Look brother last year this time on this forum you were a different person. You have come a long way. Don't let your bitterness cloud your judgement. It is what it is. You have a 300 deductible in 4 years. This is a good contract. There is more to it than you want to see. Remember when you were a runner gunner and you started a thread that you finally see the light. You haven't been around enough to understand.

Judgment is pretty much the same as the drivers I drive with, part timers I see in the building, my E-board, the recently retired and pretty much everyone else in local 384. Nothing to do with being bitter. Has to do with what I have, and what I will be getting. I have compiled all my medical bills from 2012. I have spent the better part of the day calculating what it cost me 2012 and what it would of cost me under the new plan. Not finished, but as it stands I would have more out of pocket and the raise for year 1, 2, would not cover the additional cost. 3, 4, 5 not sure as of yet.

EDIT: year 3, 4, 5 i would come out ahead even after paying Out of pocket expense. Not by much. My out of pocket would of been 1,800.00 or there abouts.

kingOFchester

House near 407
Beds: 3 Bed
Baths:3 Bath
House Size:2,316 Sq Ft

la4ba3343-m0x.jpg

House in my local:
Beds: 4 Bed
Baths:3 Bath
House Size:2,918 Sq Ft

499k A FIXER UPPER:

l61d81544-m0x.jpg
la4ba3343-m0x.jpg
l61d81544-m0x.jpg

A

anonymous6

Good for you, Orangputeh....I hope that will be the reaction when I and other members attend our own meeting. Another thing to worry about, the last two contracts we had, Sort Managers and managers were giving PCM's on trying to talk us into voting for the contract. When that happens and I am sure it will happen this time, that should give out alarm bells to everybody showing that the company and the union are bed fellows....as usual.

I think that is a very reliable barometer. Our managers like the TA. That's should be a HUGE RED FLAG!
i

U

uber

Why should us Western Conference guys be penalized because the right to work dummies in the Central States screwed the pooch? Its BS.

brown_trousers

This contract will position ups to be making 8 to 10 billion a year for the next contract. Another good contract will happen and our life will be preserved once again.

Based on how these negotiations have gone... more UPS profit = more concessions.

Maybe we are better off with UPS making less profit. We were making WAY better contract improvements back when UPS was making LESS profit!

U

uber

Why does a No vote need to mean a strike? They can restructure their proposal still.

TimeForChange

A NO vote would not mean a strike. For one thing, a strike wouldn't be legal until August 1 at the earliest, because regardless of any votes beforehand, there is still a contract in effect until midnight on July 31.

There would have to be a strike authorization vote first. And you can bet that Hoffa will never call for such a vote. Only real labor leaders with a real, in advance, long term plan, do that. It's too late now for a long term plan, including a possible strike, now, for this contract.

stink219

Explain yourself, chief.

You think UPS would just give up everything (including their jobs) because us Teamsters aren't going to think outside the box and ask for a little better?
Your being one sided Chief.
What if the agreement takes a while Chief?
Would we work without a contract Chief?
How will the RTW states handle a strike Chief?
If your saying a No vote doesn't mean strike, opposite can be true........
Oh sorry.......Chief!

U

uber

Your being one sided Chief.
What if the agreement takes a while Chief?
Would we work without a contract Chief?
How will the RTW states handle a strike Chief?
If your saying a No vote doesn't mean strike, opposite can be true........
Oh sorry.......Chief!

UPS is more desperate than we are. They will scramble. Its almost like some of you think that we take our job more seriously than the UPS management/corporate does. A strike hurts both parties.

U

uber

Lets vote yes on something that is screwing over all those PT'ers that are paying you old timers pension. Yeah, lets screw over our health care because those Right to Work dummies messed up theirs. This is just silly. I'm not completely against the contract. A couple tweaks here and there and you got a yes vote out of me.

And as a new driver guess who's going to be most affected by a strike? Yours truly.

U

uber

Horrible dispatches, long hours and the scrutiny to perform up to their numbers and you get older bodies falling apart. Now they want to friend with our healthcare? Puhlease!

UPS Preloader

Lets vote yes on something that is screwing over all those PT'ers that are paying you old timers pension. Yeah, lets screw over our health care because those Right to Work dummies messed up theirs. This is just silly. I'm not completely against the contract. A couple tweaks here and there and you got a yes vote out of me.

And as a new driver guess who's going to be most affected by a strike? Yours truly.

Thank you for supporting the PT's. Hopefully your preloader is taking good care of you.