To use BG or not to use BG that is the question?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To all (mainly baseball enthusiasts though),

I am in a very unheated debate with my son regarding the use of batting gloves or not when hitting.

I have encouraged him to use batting gloves.

He is resistant to this.

I have told him that using batting gloves will decrease the stingers he gets when hitting in colder weather.

Where do you fall on the to use Batting Gloves or not to use Batting Gloves when hitting debate?

Sincerely,
I

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I grew up using wooden bats so gloves were not really an issue. My kids used aluminum bats and neither used batting gloves. Most of their teammates did not use batting gloves. Today I see kids wearing a batting glove under their mitts while in the field and gloves on both hands while batting.

I would ask him to try them during batting practice and then let him make his own decision.

As he gets older you will have much bigger issues to argue about.

Just curious---do you let him have a cell phone?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I grew up using wooden bats so gloves were not really an issue. My kids used aluminum bats and neither used batting gloves. Most of their teammates did not use batting gloves. Today I see kids wearing a batting glove under their mitts while in the field and gloves on both hands while batting.

I would ask him to try them during batting practice and then let him make his own decision.

As he gets older you will have much bigger issues to argue about.

Just curious---do you let him have a cell phone?
UpstateNYUPSer,

Thanks.

Yes,

He never carries it with him, he very rarely even uses it. I have to force him to bring it when he goes to his friend's house.

He is very odd in that he really seems to have no use for a cell phone.

Although this is sure to change when the girlfriends start.

Sincerely,
I

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am so glad that my kids are older (26 and 28) and that my (ex) wife and I never had to deal with all of the issues involved with social media, cell phones and cyber bullying.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am so glad that my kids are older (26 and 28) and that my (ex) wife and I never had to deal with all of the issues involved with social media, cell phones and cyber bullying.
UpstateNYUPSer,

Unfortunately, as we can see by some of the conduct by some of the regulars on the BC you are never too old to have to deal with this kind of stuff whenever you are dealing with social media.

BC is the only social media that I participate on, I can only imagine how bad it is on Facebook, Twitter and others.

I did try a Teamsters site but I cancelled that account.

Sincerely,
I

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We couldn't afford batting gloves as kids but it sure would have helped when using the broken bat with screws and duct tape holding it together.

My daughter used gloves from the time she started. Especially at the end with the modern gloves with the built in hand and wrist protection.