To Wave Or Not?

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by SuperHandler, Oct 23, 2014.

1. SuperHandler

SuperHandler Member

How come only old people wave? So if I randomly wave at a resident under the age of 70 in a neighborhood they give me a: "Who the :censored2: is this guy" look. It's almost like a game to see who will wave first. Hot chicks get an automatic wave for running in their tight jogger pants. On that note, thoughts?
  2. hypo hanna

hypo hanna Well-Known Member

You are creepy?
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

4. Scottyhawk

Scottyhawk What is it? A brown box. Duh

If I make eye contact with someone I will usually give a head nod, if they wave I will wave back
  5. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

I wave or say hi to about anyone. My wife thinks it's weird. She works at the hospital and one day we were walking around there. No one makes eye contact or talks to each other unless they directly work together. I found it really odd.
    Old folks will actually stop and chat. Younger generation is socially awkward.
  6. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

I wave it waved at.
    But, I'll wave to any other package delivery person automatically.
  7. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I wave to the Express guys and to one of the Ground guys. I laugh at the DHL guys.
  8. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

9. fedex_rtd

fedex_rtd Active Member

I have no problem waving to a fellow Express driver or a UPS driver, but I do my best to ignore the dirt bags at Ground.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Those "dirt bags" are carrying your ass whether you care to admit it or not.
  11. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Those UPS drivers should ignore the dirt bag express driver in their area.
  12. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I wave the shocker to FE drivers.
  13. I wave to all of them. Sometimes we give each other,the one finger salute. But its all in good fun.
  14. robdabanks

robdabanks Member

I wave to everyone on my route and to other delivery guys. I wave and laugh at the express guys, cause when we are at a stop together they do nothing but complain how they are getting screwed that day
  15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

If someone waves at you wave back. They may just be waving at someone else in your direction (in which case they will look at you funny) but you are just being friendly (and not creepy).
  16. Route 66

Route 66 Throbbing Member

I have an ENORMOUS pair of granny undies that I wave out the window to select folks. I just enjoy the reaction.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Do you take them off first?
  18. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

I don't wave at the ground guy because he's so busy on the phone when he drives by I don't want him to let go of the wheel. He usually has a map or some paper in the hand on the wheel too...
  19. dezguy

dezguy Well-Known Member

I give all the other drivers I see the devil horns. I have one contract guy for Canada Post sticking his arm out his window pumping his devil horns, head banging behind the wheel. It's hilarious.
  20. Cactus

Cactus Just telling it like it is

Yeah we get an extra 3-4 hours every week having answer customer complaints about Ground's misdeliveries.