To You So-Called Limited Gov't Repubs Who Carte Blanche Supported Bush All For War

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: To You So-Called Limited Gov't Repubs Who Carte Blanche Supported Bush All For Wa

Don't normally post on current events but this one caught my eye and I agree.
Not much difference between a Republican and a Democrat ... just how much and on where they spend our money.

wkmac

Re: To You So-Called Limited Gov't Repubs Who Carte Blanche Supported Bush All For Wa

Don't normally post on current events but this one caught my eye and I agree.
Not much difference between a Republican and a Democrat ... just how much and on where they spend our money.

Best wishes and just saying hey!

diesel96

You bent over backwards as Bush expanded the welfare state just so you could cheerlead his warfare state and now you scream foul at what the state has become under new owners. You knew it was a snake when you picked it up and now you want to scream because it bit you!

As to your thread topic......:baseballplayer: Homerun.....Out of the park...

As to your link:
Man has not passed the snake test since the Garden of Eden magically appeared....What makes his temptational fortitude superior than the State or the snake....Here's an apple in the mean time while you get to the core....:teacher:

tieguy

Banned

Just think Diesel in canada you would be considered a conservative.:happy-very:

tieguy

Banned

You bent over backwards as Bush expanded the welfare state just so you could cheerlead his warfare state and now you scream foul at what the state has become under new owners. You knew it was a snake when you picked it up and now you want to scream because it bit you!

I read your posts and am reminded that you complain because republicans had the thermostat set too high while presently Rome burns all around you. Your posts on the bush era's and reagan years are entertaining. Anything to say about the current events taking place?

klein

Für Meno :)

Just think Diesel in canada you would be considered a conservative.:happy-very:

I don't know what your defination of being conservative really is, anyways.
Because, you wouldn't even make a a neo-conservative (neo-nazi).
They did not scrap government healthcare. And they , not only helped the Auto Industry, they actually built one (Volkswagen).

Canada is very conservative in it's own ways, like the banking system, with very strict laws and regulations.
They can not lend money to people , that can't pay it back ( see your housing or banking fiascos, thanks mostly to Bush and Reagen).

Enviromental laws, wouldn't it be conservative to conserve great land ? Here it is. Thousands of lakes, where motorized boats are not allowed in. Most protected National Parks areas in the world.
Very strict laws for the foresty industry (trim down 1 tree, you need to replant 2 more).
We pay deposit for every drink container we purchase (from milk, to coke, beer, wine, and whisky bottles, can's cartons, juice boxes, etc) From 10 to 40 cents each per container.
(usually a trash bag full of containers gives me $15 - $20 at the bottle depot).
Car batteries $5.00 deposit. (you don't have a trade in for a new battery, you pay the extra $5.00).
We even pay a recycle fee for all electronics, too, at point of purchase.

Being conservative, doesn't mean to stick with 200 year old procedures, laws, and regulations.

Just think if you wouldn't have fought off the english at the beginning ...
Maybe this whole North American Continent would have been 1 single country ?
Slavery would have never happened. Either, both world wars. Because the commenweatlh would have been just to huge to ever take on.
Therefor the cold war would have never happened, either.
Almost would be worth making a movie, about.... what if ???

And by the way, when the seedlers first got onto this continent. They had healthcare for all. Was called the medicine man in every tribe.
The white guy with politics and money cravings, took that away, though. Was that being conservative ?

P

pickup

Being conservative, doesn't mean to stick with 200 year old procedures, laws, and regulations.

Slavery would have never happened. Either, both world wars. Because the commenweatlh would have been just to huge to ever take on.

And by the way, when the seedlers first got onto this continent. They had healthcare for all. Was called the medicine man in every tribe.
The white guy with politics and money cravings, took that away, though. Was that being conservative ?

You're kidding , right? Newsflash: slavery was alive and well in Canada and the U.S.A before the revolutionary war.
Oh by the way, don't think we have forgotten about your country's role in the War of 1812. No need to brag about your country's resources, we already know about them. When we need them, we will come up and strip them from you . :wink2:

tieguy

Banned

I don't know what your defination of being conservative really is, anyways.
Because, you wouldn't even make a a neo-conservative (neo-nazi).
They did not scrap government healthcare. And they , not only helped the Auto Industry, they actually built one (Volkswagen).

Canada is very conservative in it's own ways, like the banking system, with very strict laws and regulations.
They can not lend money to people , that can't pay it back ( see your housing or banking fiascos, thanks mostly to Bush and Reagen).

Enviromental laws, wouldn't it be conservative to conserve great land ? Here it is. Thousands of lakes, where motorized boats are not allowed in. Most protected National Parks areas in the world.
Very strict laws for the foresty industry (trim down 1 tree, you need to replant 2 more).
We pay deposit for every drink container we purchase (from milk, to coke, beer, wine, and whisky bottles, can's cartons, juice boxes, etc) From 10 to 40 cents each per container.
(usually a trash bag full of containers gives me $15 - $20 at the bottle depot).
Car batteries $5.00 deposit. (you don't have a trade in for a new battery, you pay the extra $5.00).
We even pay a recycle fee for all electronics, too, at point of purchase.

Ah I see you're enjoying the free speech here that was denied you back home.

klein

You're kidding , right? Newsflash: slavery was alive and well in Canada and the U.S.A before the revolutionary war.
Oh by the way, don't think we have forgotten about your country's role in the War of 1812. No need to brag about your country's resources, we already know about them. When we need them, we will come up and strip them from you . :wink2:

Canada never had slavery. The opposite ! Your slaves came here to be rescued and to be free ! Even Hollywood made a few movies about that piece of history !

klein

ok, guess you are right. I didn't even know that. But , it wasn't Canada. It's awlful to know it took place on some of it's soil, though (under the British Empire).

Quote your own link :

The system of gang labor, and its consequent institutions of control and brutality, did not develop in Canada. Because they did not appear to pose a threat to their masters, slaves were permitted to learn to read and write, Christian conversion was encouraged, and their marriages were recognized by law. In 1793 Upper Canada became the first territory in the British Empire to legislate the gradual abolition of slavery.

By 1800 the other provinces of British North America had effectively limited slavery through court decisions requiring the strictest proof of ownership, which was rarely available. Slavery remained legal, however, until the British Parliament emancipated slaves throughout the empire effective August 1, 1834.

And at least, they were never directly imported from Africa. Still sad though, we took some of them, but they had a better life then down south, atleast. (more rights).

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Watch out...he will throw maple syrup snowballs at you.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

Canada never had slavery. The opposite ! Your slaves came here to be rescued and to be free ! Even Hollywood made a few movies about that piece of history !

And like a true liberal you beleive anything that hollywood makes is real right? Oh wait...hollywood is all liberals, i forgot.

wkmac

As to your thread topic......:baseballplayer: Homerun.....Out of the park...

As to your link:
Man has not passed the snake test since the Garden of Eden magically appeared....What makes his temptational fortitude superior than the State or the snake....Here's an apple in the mean time while you get to the core....:teacher:

I'm not one to so much take the Edenic story in such literal terms although in some sense you may ironically have missed a deeper historical instruction from this old story taught in similar ways by numerous civilizations and even religions. At the time we are told the Genesis events happened also coincided with the human race transitioning from hunter-gathers (loose small tribal societies) to forming into large central communities based on agriculture and land domination e.g. dominion which is a bible/religious construct.

There are IMO many connections in the Genesis Eden story to this transition as well as a means to dis-associate and disconnect old belief systems with later belief systems in their attempts to transplant themselves as original truth. One example is the Sumerian creation story and the Sumerian god Enki who some describe as a serpent. Enki was also know as the god of water, life/fertility and magic/knowledge eg wisdom. All 3 godlike characteristics are major features in the Genesis Eden story in one form or another. And the Genesis Eden story is one told over and over and over again throughout the bible but seems not many of us are listening.

Abram and those before him lived and came from the region we call Sumer so it's influence on culture and religion can't be ignored. Even the later Babylonian culture plays in as Marduk, son of the Sumerian god Enki (Babylonian Ea) was often depicted in serpent form or dragon and ascribed with powers of a creation force. Religion rarely comes up with something new as it far easier to take existing myth and surplant them with your own nativist traditions in the belief in time that old knowledge would die out and the new form being seen as always and pure. So many of even christian traditions and holidays are a result of this long standing practice of mankind. Even biblical stories take on varying traditions towards destruction of gods as in the case of the Tower of Babel. We are told that in the case of Babel that man was trying to reach god in the heavens but we're not told the god trying to be reach was a competitor or in this case Murduk. Could this biblical account be a resulting story found necessary after the jewish captivity in Babylon and the need then to establish a return to a nationalist mindset including a national religion? Mentioning Marduk directly in the account would serve the purpose to remind the good people of something the heirarchy wanted them to forget altogether.

Taking a que from Tom Knapp's Samuel reference, one might also, taking the times and events of today into consideration, read the entire account as recorded in 1 Samuel Chapter 8 that sparked his comments on said biblical person to begin with. I find it interesting that when God via Moses led the people from Egypt, he established not a central gov't nation but a loose confederation of a tribal society. Even the land itself once siezed from the Canaanites per God's instruction of conquest was divided and setout according to tribal assignment and remained so until the beginning of the end as told in 1 Samuel.

Someone asked me earlier what I thought of the current events of what they called "Rome Burning." I find it comical that my response to that question will likely cause 2 foes here to immediately find a common cause with one another. Even though they believe politics seperate them, my answer will unite them as I desire something neither of them really want regardless if they have to serve it under the thumb of the other's political desires. Better to slave for others in hell than to seek one's own heaven as others find their's too!

As to Rome burning, the faster it burns the better I like it. Rome is collasping and consuming itself and in fact has been slowly for well over 100 years if not longer. Recently (last several decades) this process has sped up again ringing true of what Samuel was told to say at verse 10 in Chapter 8. However like Nero, our version of Rome when confronted with it's own self consumption so often finds a scapegoat to sell the masses as the one who struck the match when in truth it's always Nero himself who does so. Between the blind loyality of ignorant masses or the heirarchial few who position themselves (not an exclusive list either) to profit or empower others in there own self induced political/economic chaos that consumes everyone else.

On a lighter note, seems a new Congressional Office of Family Values has been created and is up and running. I LMAO when I saw that cartoon and the fact the cartoon may in truth show what gov't really is more than the people really want to know.

images

wkmac

Thought for the day!

Never ask a question that you're not prepared to hear the answer!