Today I am Retired from UPS for one year. 2nd best year of my life!

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Because you gain about 8% a year till age 70
Or you could not live until 70, and get nothing. Too many individual factors to make that an absolute.

I was just curious as to why Dave thinks what he thinks works for him will fit everyone.

This is why it's good to have a good relationship with a financial adviser etc.

Or you could not live until 70, and get nothing. Too many individual factors to make that an absolute.

I was just curious as to why Dave thinks what he thinks works for him will fit everyone.

This is why it's good to have a good relationship with a financial adviser etc.
Everyone has a different philosophy.

Bottom line spend less than you make and don't be afraid to save a few bucks.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we are taking our SS at age 62 . the break even point is almost 18 years . my spouse has serious health issues and we will get an extra 900 a month if we take it as soon as possible. have to enjoy every extra day we have .

everyone's situation is different. if you have a good pension and have a big 401k and some stocks and other investments , it would not hurt to wait til 67 or 70 and earn that extra 8% a year. if you wait til age 70 your SS is close to double ( about 85% higher ) than if you started at 62. I have my current statement right here.

there are all kinds of calculators online to help you make an informed decision.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We've always used an adviser and a tax attorney as well.

I believe it's worth every bit of piece of mind.

I don't feel the need for a tax attorney as my tax situation is fairly basic.

I have been with EW for the past several years. We have had preliminary discussions regarding SS but will have more when the time comes, which will include going after a portion of my ex's benefits.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With your circumstances, that made good sense.

Like I said, the answer is different for everybody.
Not just me....NOBODY is guaranteed to make it to 65....whether from a car accident, a disease, a heart attack....it can come out of left field like a drunk driver and wipe you out. I don't know why people have a hard time with this concept. You will not live long enough (probably) and you'll miss out on a steady paycheck from 62-65. The break even time is years & years!!