Today's pcm... Heat Risk

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Obviously not. Texas is nice. They don't get the tropical humidity like we do.

Hell when I went to Vegas , the dry heat was not a bother.

Imagine working in a sauna with a heat blaster in your face and strong bright lights shining down on you.

That's what it is like.

But please tell me again how it's perfect in the BOG and you spent some time in Texas 20 or 30 years ago.

Sorry Dave. Down here, you would be a rookie in these conditions.
I thought south TX was humid as hell?

Johney

Obviously not. Texas is nice. They don't get the tropical humidity like we do.

Hell when I went to Vegas , the dry heat was not a bother.

Imagine working in a sauna with a heat blaster in your face and strong bright lights shining down on you.

That's what it is like.

But please tell me again how it's perfect in the BOG and you spent some time in Texas 20 or 30 years ago.

Sorry Dave. Down here, you would be a rookie in these conditions.
Jesus the A-Hole turned his A/C off and opened his windows! He really has no clue.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Sounds to me like you guys are a couple of pusillanimous.

Sounds like you're just the usual know it all :censored2:.

See Dave, this is why everyone gives you a hard time. You spent a few years in Texas and you're going to argue with someone who's lived in south Florida for over 25 years and works at ups in those conditions????

That's your narcissistic side right there. Always the expert and always right.

Tell you what big champ, I'll fly you down here and you can run my route in summer.

Then tell me again you know what you're saying

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
The job needs to get done whether it is -20 or 100.

Hydrating does not start at your first stop. You need to be well hydrated before you punch in and need to replenish throughout the day.

Alcohol intake should be reduced during hot weather.

Our center buys us a case of water each per week during the summer. I bring mine home and put it right in the fridge. I take 4 bottles to work each day and will buy a Pepsi at our local marina.

4 bottles of water and 1 Pepsi is all you need to stay hydrated? I have wondered this for some time but now I know you have the biggest POS cake route I have ever heard of!! MY god I have drained 6 bottles by noon.

My Favorite that lets me really know how much my supervisors are concerned with my heath is this: Message at 2:45- "You are instructed to report all miss-loads by 1500." 20 mins later after touching approx 200 packages in the back of a 130* truck with no airflow I can barely see straight enough to send back a message of no miss-loads.

Of course, like clockwork, the next morning my on-car will ask me why I was 15 mins over allowed. Common sense just doesn't seem to be...................very common at UPS any more.

fres431

They need to stop worrying about their numbers and consider the health and welfare if the employees. Per article 18
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1471048452.524099.jpg
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1471048483.291120.jpg

240 stops on a route that averages 175 daily when a driver has less 9 hours available going into Friday. It's time to add another car not just keep shoving it in.