Today's pcm... Heat Risk

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Don't let him get to you.

Just Dave being Dennis, or Dean being Dan, or Darius being Dude.

Something like that anyhow.
It doesn't get to me but I do find it rather curious how he picks on certain people but runs off like a little punk whenever anyone stand up to him.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Been real hot. I don't ever remember a year it's been this hot this long and it's not hot like Arizona, or Texas or Louisiana but we're not used to it. I got a union letter because my stops dropped down per hour. Cry Me a River of Ice Cube tears

watdaflock?

km3

Are preloades are dropping like flies. We have left the building around 930 all week.

One supe told me that all our preload operations are a loss to the company. There is no incentive to pay a good wage for a loss. :censored2: our hub is doomed. I load half my truck everyday. I haven't a clue how to keep these preloaders around

My PT supervisor told me that in a pre-sort meeting, it was mentioned that the management team is trying to figure out how to get everybody a raise to keep people around. That was a couple weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything else about it since then.

We're hemorraging employees on every shift, and every classification. It's open season on overtime/double shifting (just show up, and they'll put you to work), you can get away with murder (but not stealing or attendance issues), and they even have salaried guys from the IE/Finance/TSG departments coming out to handle packages.

I can think of 7 people in my work area (sort aisle) alone who are going to be leaving, either for a better job, or moving out of state, within the next month or so...and we still haven't replaced the last 4 people who left.

We're getting blasted with late-October level volume, and our equipment is failing even more frequently than ever before. And management still harps about going 1 minute over on breaks, while expecting the operation as a whole to run just as smoothly as it did before everybody started quitting which ultimately puts more pressure on those of us who remain.

I gotta say, the next few weeks are going to be very interesting around here. The anarchist in me is looking forward to it, but I'm a little scared too.