Today's PCM: You will be fired....

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The center manager had no other choice but to walk them.

Resident know-it-all.
I would never personally say no unless it was unsafe, unethical or illegal, but I certainly have spoken my mind at a PCM when they make a stupid request--especially about Orion. You can't get fired for telling them they're saying something dumb--just for refusing to do the dumb thing.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would never personally say no unless it was unsafe, unethical or illegal, but I certainly have spoken my mind at a PCM when they make a stupid request--especially about Orion. You can't get fired for telling them they're saying something dumb--just for refusing to do the dumb thing.

Sent from my 28 year old brown truck

FTers have much more leverage than PTers. PTers are a disposable labor pool.

Resident know-it-all.

Z

ZQXC

Um....no actually it's not, as I already explained to you in another thread. It is a loading aid for LOADERS NOT DRIVERS.

But okay Dave, I'll bite. If I have a package for your truck...HIN# is 3650. I take the box to the 3000 shelf..and see 9 packages already on that shelf...but I can't see the HIN #'s for any of them. How can I properly load the package #3650 without moving (or touching) at least two previous loaded packages on that shelf to determine PAL order? You know better....so tell me Dave....I'd really like to know!
The alternative is I glance at the shelf...scan the HINs and quickly place the package next to 3700. Done.

He never loaded, so he has no clue what you are talking about.

Z

ZQXC

You don't have to know how to load 'em to deliver 'em.

Resident know-it-all.

That is not even part of the argument or relevant to the discussion. You always come up with that same trite line in defense of some imaginary position that no one has actually put forward. I think it is just a roundabout way of reminding everyone that you are an outside hire.

I'm actually amazed that you haven't mentioned your veteran status during this thread. (there is still opportunity)

Cementups

Box Monkey
My loader does this---it is an absolute waste of time .

Writing on the boxes is an absolute waste of time.

I agree.......for us older more experienced drivers. But the newer drivers don't know any different than to look for SPA labels or purple ink. While you and I use addresses to deliver, they will fare better with technological advances such as ORION. They make the job dumber because the drivers are dumber.

10 point

I read and appreciate the hand written HINs every day. It's a help when the quality of pkgs in sequential order is mediocre.

It's also a help when you can read the handwriting.

It saves me from double handling the pkgs and that makes my long day shorter. (Especially when it gets dark earlier.)