Today's PCM: You will be fired....

Tough Guy

When I loaded I was a peeler. Any trip I loaded for I always received positive feedback from the drivers.

As a driver, I prefer to have my truck sorted with the labels peeled and put on the end. Or at least some sort of identification.

UPSGUY72

At our center PCM this morning...our center manager told us failure to follow instructions and work as directed will result in immediate termination. All loaders must use crayons to write HIN #s. No peeling stickers. Two loaders balked, argued and said they weren't going to do it because it takes too long (I agree with them). Both guys were walked out the
door. Way to drop the hammer _____ Center. :rolleyes2:

This happen a couple of times a year in my building. It's suppose to lower the miss loads as you have to actually read the label to to write the Hin #. However at the same time it slows down production. Usually last a couple of days then things go back to normal...

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Not one label peeler on my pre-load...production is just fine..less then 10 mis-loads a day.

Train them right from the beginning and hold them accountable works every time.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I had 3 loaders this week. One wrote numbers on the side of boxes, one loads pretty accurately and one considered each shelf a dump stop. I search by address label but it is nice when I want to pick out a 6250 and the number is written on the side. I'm thinking this is the reason. It's all for ORION.

BrownChoice

Dragon, that only happens in Clarksville. But, one thing ive learned after 7 years on the job(6 as a loader) is to find a middle ground between what the company wants and your drivers want.

Typically tend to lean toward what drivers want... Some things, like working as directed, cannot be argued with....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Not one label peeler on my pre-load...production is just fine..less then 10 mis-loads a day.

Train them right from the beginning and hold them accountable works every time.
My center doesn't even have spa labels. Just printed right on the package with redish pink ink.

Numbers have always been written. Problem is the ink smears a lot and you end up with some interesting interpretations.

Bitcoinz

They wanted my "Avatar" pic.
FTers have much more leverage than PTers. PTers are a disposable labor pool.

Resident know-it-all.

Why? Is that because of your knowledge of the diad board and experience of the route #'s?

You think our job is easy? Try scanning small packages on the sort or SPA a door with two unloaders or even sort that.
The men (and sometimes woman) that unload the trailers are dripping sweat, you can see it on the boxes you scan or sort. And we love it.

I'm extremely versatile and can preform any task. I'm not disposable. I'm an asset. Management doesn't bother me and they know I give my best.

It would take years to train someone to do what I do, not to mention it takes a certain "type" of person. I'm not saying I'm a model/best employe at ALL. But at some point you need recognize you ability's over others, and you know inside that you are an asset. I always maintain a positive, upbeat attitude, because I know they pay me well and I like my job and they don't bother me. Actually very friendly.

Not only that, but I drive utility and Saturdays and done god knows how many driver helpers on that POS passenger of a seat "plank".

Any buffoon can pass the driver test, even if it takes 10 times. They will eventually PASS. I've seen it. So don't preach like you're not disposable, because I've seen the company "CAN" drivers before.

30 to life

At our center PCM this morning...our center manager told us failure to follow instructions and work as directed will result in immediate termination. All loaders must use crayons to write HIN #s. No peeling stickers. Two loaders balked, argued and said they weren't going to do it because it takes too long (I agree with them). Both guys were walked out the
door. Way to drop the hammer _____ Center. :rolleyes2:
On Thursday we had a 20 year employee fired for what you described. He has never had a warning letter or suspension. To make things even better he just found out that his wife is pregnant with their 3rd child.