Today's PCM: You will be fired....

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Gray area that should get them their job back.
I also agree that they should get their jobs back. I never felt that they should have been "walked out" in the first place if they had a steward with any kind of experience, unless the employees "still" refused to put the numbers on the box. This could have been, and should have been, settled in the center manager office after the PCM.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
It sounds like writing the HIN#s on packages will actually save the pre-loader time. Using this method he won't have to touch any of the other packages more than once. If he has to move a package to look at the PAL to find where to load the one he has in his hand it's more time than glancing at a package with a HIN# written in crayon on it.

You might say it takes extra time to write the HIN# in crayon on the parcel. I would say if you write it as you're walking into the truck it wouldn't take any extra time.
How can you write the number on the box as you are walking into the truck when you are supposed to be carrying an optimal load? Anyway, I would consider that "unsafe" to write on the box as you walk into a truck. Keep your eyes ahead of your work, not on a box as you walk.

Even if you could write on a box without looking, how is your hand free to write on a box? You should need both hand to carry 3,4,5 packages into the truck.

You only carry 1 box into the truck at a time?

mdnj88

My loader does the crayon thing but not hin number he will write the house number then the first 3-5 letters of street name. He's been on same set for 9 years and loads my car by adress since it's a bulk route. Everyday is different and I'm screwed without him. I always make sure to check with him before he leaves so he can tell me where certain stops are.

30 to life

Not one label peeler on my pre-load...production is just fine..less then 10 mis-loads a day.

Train them right from the beginning and hold them accountable works every time.
You pa
Not one label peeler on my pre-load...production is just fine..less then 10 mis-loads a day.

Your part time sups can't do the job right that why you promoted them

DSM515

Some loaders do it, some don't. When I loaded I had 3 trucks to load. I only peeled for one truck. The driver that came in early
to help me load his truck and the same driver that gave me a nice little card and a bottle of southern comfort after peak.

And if you were just an :censored2: that came in and complained every day and didn't help me, then your load was :censored2:.
Really. Your driver should work for free to help YOU do your job? And then give you money and booze? That's what your are paid to do load trucks. When you get off Monday moring what don't you go be his helper for a hour for free then give him a Christmas tip and a bottle of booze?

PT Car Washer

Really. Your driver should work for free to help YOU do your job? And then give you money and booze? That's what your are paid to do load trucks. When you get off Monday moring what don't you go be his helper for a hour for free then give him a Christmas tip and a bottle of booze?
Just get back from the Fair? A bit incoherent.

BrownTexas

As a loader I had a love hate relationship with drivers that came in early. I loved them because I didn't care about misloads on their truck. If they came in and started loading it, then I wasn't going to be responsible for misloads that they may have caused. But I hated them being in my way and doing my work that I was getting paid for.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Loaders- just write the Crayon over the bar codes. If the drivers have to type in the 1z's. I bet management will say to stop using crayons. Sort of a work slow down