Told I would get a call this week for first day, haven't

somebodiesgot

I haven't gotten a call for my first week as i was told at a freight terminal, I'm debating on going down there and asking about it.

Thoughts?

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Call every hour on the hour for a few days. If that doesn't work, write a letter of inquiry using letters cut out of a newspaper and glued onto the back of a Glamour shot of yourself.

That's the only way I got hired.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
When I first started with UPS I was told at the interview to expect a call soon. Like 2 weeks later I got a call at 9:30pm asking me to start at 11pm.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
When I started driving I got a call at 8:30 am telling me I was supposed to have been there at 8 am for orientation. I had signed the bid sheet earlier but didn't make the cut. Then 2 people above me got disqualified for driving record or medical reasons moving me up so I could go driving. Nobody bothered to tell me and I worked preload that morning and got the call after I got home.

somebodiesgot

Yeah well i went anyway and nobody was home (lol), but I'm just going to call the woman i talked to before Monday because she is out on vaca.

J

jibbs

Yeah well i went anyway and nobody was home (lol), but I'm just going to call the woman i talked to before Monday because she is out on vaca.

Funny how HR people always say they're going on vacation to the prospects they give tours to.

It's almost like a ploy to prevent these people from picking up the phone...
disturbed.gif

somebodiesgot

Funny how HR people always say they're going on vacation to the prospects they give tours to.

It's almost like a ploy to prevent these people from picking up the phone...
disturbed.gif
Actually I had called yesterday to talk to her and a co-worker told me she way on vacation this week, I had no idea. The woman sent me to her extension and it just kept ringing over and over for like 5 minutes until it re-routed me back to her, then she tried again and it sent me to another woman who told me she is on vacation.

somebodiesgot

Just show up there Monday morning and tell whoever you were told to be here.
They never gave me any paperwork to fill out or told me to fill any out, I went online and saw my application updated with more information I guess in regards to being employed such as direct deposit etc, should i fill them out even though they didn't mention it?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The woman who told me the woman who hired me was out I'm not sure of her name. But no that isn't the number I called and i'm not sure what you mean by the latter.

You younglings are so earnest. The number and name are a long running Brown Cafe joke. 407 refers to a legendary inactive member.